Are all wings created equally ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Guys new to the forum so hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I'm looking at buying a new harness back plate and wing and can get the scubapro xtec pure for a steel, now I know their form version is kinda average for a few reasons but would I do alright buying a pure ?

My thoughts :

A one piece harness with a crotch strap is going to be pretty much the same who ever makes it.

A standard stainless steel back plate is going to be well pretty standard.

So my question is are all wings created equally will one have significantly different diving characteristics to another ?

Cheers
Ralph

I can understand wanting to pull the trigger if it is a good price. Can you test dive the things you want to buy first before you buy them? I would suggest testing the wing you intend to buy,and then try to borrow several other wings to test side by side and sees what give you the most optimal performance. You posted this in the cave diving subforum,I would suggest broading out to other tech subforums and tech boards to see if you get feedback from actual users.

Ralphy, speak to Chris at divetub.com.au

Last I heard he does lend out a backplate/wing kit all over oz for a no obligation trial. A top bloke as well!

Thanks for the tips guys, went ahead and bought it took it for a quick spin in the ocean seems good , Ill let you know how it goes once Ive spent a bit more time in it.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom