Are cancelled dives common in Jan/February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnsaffer

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am going to do a fairly quick trip to the Bahamas (Nassau) in January or February. I am used to the Norte's in Cozumel that can take out 3-4 dive days of a 7 day trip. Are cancelled dives in Nassau a common or relatively uncommon event during that time of the year.

Thank you

John

I was in the Exumas a couple of years ago and we had to abort the last few days of a liveaboard so we could hide in safe harbor for the norther than blew down. Exumas are Bahaman islands further south than where you will be so yeah, it can happen. I've been blown out in lots of places, but overall pretty lucky.

caca-1.png

[c]ScreenHunter_03 Dec. 22 02.37.jpg[/c]

Last edited:
ooops

The only winds that blow out Nassau are westerly. At the Western end they can dive with winds from any other direction.

Here on Andros, we've had to call dives for the past two days because of the weather. I'm not sure how they run it in Nassau but the Bahamas does get bad weather sometimes too!

Hope you have good luck with the wind!

At the worst tho, you'll be on a nearly tropical island in winter. :cool: We just got 6" of snow last night - first time for us in 20 yrs. If Divebunny has a divorced mom there, maybe I should go to Andros. :eyebrow:

There were a couple of canceled days from 12/16-12/24 due to high winds in Grand Bahamas

Back
Top Bottom