Are Cert/Currency requirements too lenient?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now if you go into a establishement and speak English... they may retaliate by ignoring you

Wow, what an interesting juxaposition of elements in a single sentence... and in an *establishment* on top of it... :rofl3: Please tell me what it is about speaking "English" mandages "retaliation"???

Sorry for the aside...

Wow, what an interesting juxaposition of elements in a single sentence... and in an *establishment* on top of it... :rofl3: Please tell me what it is about speaking "English" mandages "retaliation"???

Sorry for the aside...

What was actually said before it was changed

Now if you go into a establishement and speak English in a sense you are demanding service in English they may retaliate by ignoring

Please do not edit what I have said to suit your own agenda!

What was actually said before it was changed

Now if you go into a establishement and speak English in a sense you are demanding service in English they may retaliate by ignoring

Please do not edit what I have said to suit your own agenda!

No "editing" was employed... the sentence was 'clipped' consistant with punctuation... and it does speak for itself...

No "editing" was employed... the sentence was 'clipped' consistant with punctuation... and it does speak for itself...

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

First of all not on here for an English lesson in addition to this what a contradiction of terms

OTOH, I really like the idea of annual re certification requirement

Terry

And how would that be enforced. Scuba has a very high drop out rate now, add in an annual renewal requirement and it goes higher.

And how would that be enforced. Scuba has a very high drop out rate now, add in an annual renewal requirement and it goes higher.

All it would take is for dive ops to require a recent (6 months or a year) dive or a SCUBA Skills Update. A lot of them do anyway, but there would be more weight behind it if it were universal, like VIPs.

Terry

All it would take is for dive ops to require a recent (6 months or a year) dive or a SCUBA Skills Update. A lot of them do anyway, but there would be more weight behind it if it were universal, like VIPs.

... insurance could become invalidated if you're caught dead (or injured) with an invalid cert...

Why the need for changing the current requirments, is there a high death or accident rate for Scuba Diving when compared to other sports?

Why the need for changing the current requirments, is there a high death or accident rate for Scuba Diving when compared to other sports?

Nobody knows.

What it would do is lower the percentage of people that blow out their eardrums on their every 5 years tropical vacation. It would also make the DMs happier with a little less anxiety.

Terry

I came over to Canada from England do not speak a word of French have been living in a small village called Coteau-Du-Lac in Quebec for the last 10 years ....
... CHOM has never been a bilingual station it is a English speaking station.

I am not sure how to understand this.

Are you saying I was hallucinating--I only thought I was hearing both languages when I listened to it daily from 1970-1972? Or are you saying I am lying about it?

Or does your definition of "never" include only the ten years you have listened to the station?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom