Are HOG regulators good or problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LordHavoc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I am interested in getting these for my twin set. If you are a user, are you happy? How many have had problems with their HOG regulators?

No problems and they route nicely for doubles.

No issues with my D1 & D3 1sts, Classic & Zenith 2nds, as singles or doubles

I own five sets, D3, Zenith, can't recall octo model at the moment. Had them for 6+ years 100+ dives on all of them. Never had an issue with any of them.

We have D1 firsts, Classic and Zenith seconds. They are my wife's and daughter's cold water regs.

I have a D2/Zenith on a pony, and Zeniths on my SP MK-17 single tank set too.

I like them. Have had them for years. We've had no problems with them at all. I'm also holding the HOG Repair Certification, and do my own service.

HOG had a problem several years ago with their DIN regulators; the chrome plating on the posts was too thick. Thus, every time you removed the DIN post from a tank, boing!, the post o-ring went flying. HOG has fixed that problem, so although I'd avoid used HOG regs, new ones should be reliable.

I owned a set a few years back, well, many years back. I only bought them out of curiosity. I had no issues, I did notice they breathed a little harder at depth than my Apeks.

I have had a D2 first stage and Zenith second stage on my pony bottle for almost a decade, no problems. I wish I had the repair cert so I could service them myself but it's not offered here, in any case it's not tough it expensive to send it in for a quick service. I'd recommend these regulators to any that ask.

Hi, I am interested in getting these for my twin set. If you are a user, are you happy? How many have had problems with their HOG regulators?
I have 5 sets with about 400 dives on them. No problems at all

I'm eight dives into my D3 Zenith Smokes. No problems at all and the adjustment knobs seem to give decent control. The only thing I've done is add a swivel for my primary. Me and my HOG gear this week (on air and in fresh water):

17.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom