Are posts that Genesis previously made now hidden?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasean

Contributor
Reaction score
I can search on his username, and the system finds many threads, but none of his posts seem to show up within the threads....you can tell posts are hidden within the threads, because the post numbers jump in many places...

Genesis had posted some really good into on compressors I would like to review...

What's up?

Sean

Yes, they are hidden. NetDoc explained that this was done at Karl's request.

i dont want to hijack this thread or be nosy but i was wondering what happened?

awap:
Yes, they are hidden. NetDoc explained that this was done at Karl's request.

Wow...I can leave, and my past advice and other information on the board will be hidden at my request?

Interesting...

To bad, Karl is quite knowledgable about many things.

scubasean:
Wow...I can leave, and my past advice and other information on the board will be hidden at my request?

I wouldn't count on it. My guess is you would have to present a rather pausible threat of potentially expensive legal action to cause that to happen.

Fly N Dive:
i dont want to hijack this thread or be nosy but i was wondering what happened?

Karl and Pete had some basic philosophical differences (In all fairness, many people had a hard time with Karl) and Pete told Karl to cease and desist. Karl was not banned. He just decided to take his ball and go home. While the board is now a somewhat more peaceful place, it has lost an intersting and sometimes valuable dimension.

scubasean:

my understanding is that this was a unique, one-time arrangement
made at Genesis' request, and that it will not be repeated absent
very similar circumstances, if ever.

The interesting thing is that while his posts have gone sometimes quotes from his posts appear in other peoples posts! This often makes it quite hard to understand a thread.

ok, thanks

Come on the truth is they needed to clear up a couple of hundred GB of hard disk space. (just joking)

I rarely, if ever agreed with Karl, but I do respect the guy for sticking to his guns.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom