Are posts that Genesis previously made now hidden?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Northeastwrecks:
He left after being instructed to refrain from posting dangerous, poorly reasoned advice.

There is not much about Scuba that is not potentially dangerous. As I recall, Karl was advocating DIY training based on the rational that training information is readily available and (some) professional trainers are subject to expose students to greater potential hazards than the students would expose themselves to. Karl had a way of mapping everything that was grey into black or white so one had to read and interpret his posts carefully so as to not misunderstand the message. Unfortunately, Karl also had a band of critics that were very quick to jump into the black vs. white arguements. It was not pretty.

awap:
There is not much about Scuba that is not potentially dangerous. As I recall, Karl was advocating DIY training based on the rational that training information is readily available and (some) professional trainers are subject to expose students to greater potential hazards than the students would expose themselves to. Karl had a way of mapping everything that was grey into black or white so one had to read and interpret his posts carefully so as to not misunderstand the message. Unfortunately, Karl also had a band of critics that were very quick to jump into the black vs. white arguements. It was not pretty.

And we now have a solo diving forum. Some (not me) would say solo diving is inherently dangerous...

Oh well.

scubasean:
And we now have a solo diving forum. Some (not me) would say solo diving is inherently dangerous...

Oh well.

Yeah, Karl's thread(s) on the subject were removed because Pete believed he would incur a liability if he allowed them to stay. Some solo forum opponents tried, unsuccessfully, to coerse Pete into denying the solo forum on the same rational.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom