Are these symptoms of Stage 2 Scubaitis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Resistance is futile! The only addition to your regimen should be some Eric Stone music. "Hi, my name is Eric, and I'm a Scubaholic." Or there's my favorite from HiTec Diver "He's a man of many gases..." Lot's of people on SB in that category! Don't worry, the asylum is full of people just like you!

Resistance is futile! The only addition to your regimen should be some Eric Stone music. "Hi, my name is Eric, and I'm a Scubaholic." Or there's my favorite from HiTec Diver "He's a man of many gases..." Lot's of people on SB in that category! Don't worry, the asylum is full of people just like you!

Perfect. Added those two to my list of things I now have to have.

I hope the asylum is below the thermocline and open to all ,not just those with at least a dozen c-cards or GUE/DIR/Tek compliant. Maybe they will grant me access seeing I already have a serious case of Scubaitis and 7 footer hose on my primary. ;-)

Thanks t-mac.

Hello from across the lake!

Have you done any charters to the many wrecks of Lake Michigan yet?

Hello from across the lake!

Have you done any charters to the many wrecks of Lake Michigan yet?

Not yet. Would love to do so once the temps start to climb up again.

Thanks for the shout-out from across the lake. Someone did mention the MUD club while I was at the local quarry little while ago, so checking out one of your meets has been on my agenda for the next spring.

Thanks for stopping by.

Heh, worst part of Diving is... it never stops. One day, when you've got 20 tanks, 13 regulators, 6 or 7 suits, 4 or 5 BC's/Wings, 4 computers, enough wrist gauges to cover your entire arm and every type of fangled new fin on the market... then you might have to get a bigger house. :wink:

Don't believe these liars!!

You can quit any time you want.

Heck. I've quit 301 times already. (I think they call them surface intervals.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a disease, it's a life style, an all consuming passion, a never ending journey of knowledge, people, places :) !!!!!....Today nitrox, tomorrow wrecks, soon after caves....welcome to 'inner space' and the 'fourth dimension'........

Just to note- if this is Stage 2, there must be many more stages than I am aware of. Excellent- I have more to look forward to....:D

Terry

Heh, worst part of Diving is... it never stops. One day, when you've got 20 tanks, 13 regulators, 6 or 7 suits, 4 or 5 BC's/Wings, 4 computers, enough wrist gauges to cover your entire arm and every type of fangled new fin on the market... then you might have to get a bigger house. :wink:

I can see how this can quickly add up, tye1138.
Fortunately, I was able to arrest my gear-buying spree before things got out of hand! For now, I am holding my feet to fire --no more new gear until I've made at least 100 dives.

---------- Post added December 6th, 2012 at 05:45 PM ----------

Don't believe these liars!!

You can quit any time you want.

Heck. I've quit 301 times already. (I think they call them surface intervals.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this POV --even to this newly hooked bubble blower, the life on land already feels like an extended Surface Interval. Counting down to the next round of dives...

---------- Post added December 6th, 2012 at 05:58 PM ----------

It's not a disease, it's a life style, an all consuming passion, a never ending journey of knowledge, people, places :) !!!!!....Today nitrox, tomorrow wrecks, soon after caves....welcome to 'inner space' and the 'fourth dimension'........

Thanks for the welcome, j2s.

Not too keen on getting into overhead environments, but Rescue, Dry Suit, and Nitrox sound interesting. Learning some of the cool(-aid) stuff (i.e. DIR and GUE skills) also remains on agenda for the next year.

The body of knowledge and life-experiences contributed by the many seasoned divers over here at SB is truly impressive. Got a lot to learn, but enjoying every minute of it.

---------- Post added December 6th, 2012 at 06:00 PM ----------

Just to note- if this is Stage 2, there must be many more stages than I am aware of. Excellent- I have more to look forward to....:D

Terry

Terry: Glad to know I am not a basket case --yet. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom