are theses two really good masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jasoncassanova

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i'm planning to purchase these two masks, use them for freediving and scuba diving here in the philippines, was wondering if it's worth my money since i'll be having them shipped all the way here. would really like to hear from you guys.

https://www.flfreedivers.com/store/...cts_id=1902&osCsid=pl115kmj20ph79am0chjnqibs4

Omer Alien Black Mask: Spearfishing Gear

I haven't tried the DBG but I think the Alien is a great mask. Next to the sphera, its the most comfortable and best fitting mask that I have used. I've tried quite a few low volume masks and the Alien is my favorite. Whether or not they will work for you will depend on how they fit. If it doesn't fit then it will be a bad purchase. It would be ideal if you could borrow one from a friend and try it out first.

I haven't tried the DBG but I think the Alien is a great mask. Next to the sphera, its the most comfortable and best fitting mask that I have used. I've tried quite a few low volume masks and the Alien is my favorite. Whether or not they will work for you will depend on how they fit. If it doesn't fit then it will be a bad purchase. It would be ideal if you could borrow one from a friend and try it out first.

well that is a problem, there is no store here that sells freediving masks, well if this is of any help, i use a tusa visualator mask, it fits me well but it's just that it feels there's an octopus hugging my face :D

i'm looking for something that i can use to practice freediving while snorkeling and something that i can also bring with me when i go scuba diving.

The Alien has the softest skirt that I have seen which I think helps it to mold to your face and seal effectively. The DBG looks like it has the exact same skirt as the Sphera which fits just about everyone I know that has tried it. If I had to venture a guess I would think the odds are in your favor that one of them will fit. Good luck!

The Alien has the softest skirt that I have seen which I think helps it to mold to your face and seal effectively. The DBG looks like it has the exact same skirt as the Sphera which fits just about everyone I know that has tried it. If I had to venture a guess I would think the odds are in your favor that one of them will fit. Good luck!

thanks for your time, i appreciate it, i see that you are a photographer, i'm also an aspiring one, that's why i was told to get a black skirt mask and something that is not too large, so that i can focus on what i'm taking picture at and less reflection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom