Are you a diver/musician??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on the road for 6 years... bass, and guitar. The van broke down near dallas, (from wisconsin) so I joined up with a band here for a while... then I started Musicians Exchange - the 22 room rehearsal studio at Grissom and forrest ln. Maybe some of you guys practiced in my studio!

Now for the scuba tie - in - that's musicians studio is where I invented and produced the Scuba Tool. Sold both companies... and I'm afraid - back when things were leaner... sold by 61 P bass.... :frown2:

Who woulda thought the guy I bought all my scuba gear from was also the guy that provided my old band with rehearsal space!?!..

I used to love the Musician's Exchange! That band I was in, the heavy metal band from the 1980's with the albums that I mentioned in my earlier post, used to practice there every week. We we're called Juggernaut. I remember it seemed like Ricco was always workin' the front desk...I forget what band he played in. I still have an old business card of his from that place in my business card file at home. I also remember it being cluttered as hell back behind that front desk and it seems like y'all were always tinkerin' on something..little did I know it was the Scuba Tool you were tinkerin' on back there! It seemed like all (or at least alot) of Dallas's rockin'est bands used to practice there. We practiced there and played at the Basement, On the Rocks, or Dallas City Limits!
..Boy! Those were the days!...long hair and black leather rules!! :bang:

There's nothing sadder than an old rocker reliving his glory days, is there?!... :D ......"I used to Rock!!.." :bang:

Anyhows, welcome to the Scubaboard, Larry!

Nawww, Zagnut- not sad! What's sad is that my fav Stevie Ray Vaughan CD is missing... (I think my 17 yr old daughter knows where it is and just isn't telling...)
And I think Dee had a great idea- I know very little about music from the "playing it" side, but it sounds like a lot of fun for you guys (and gals?) to maybe get together and jam at the Tribal get-together. Cool that so many of you are musicians!

Foo

I've been playing the piano for alot more years that I care to count (20+).... A jam session would be GREAT!!!

tx.lakerats:
I've been playing the piano for alot more years that I care to count (20+).... A jam session would be GREAT!!!

You gonna bring your piano to the tribal function? :D

it's a tad to large lug - ummm.... I know!! I could use my safety whistle!!

Zagnut:
Who woulda thought the guy I bought all my scuba gear from was also the guy that provided my old band with rehearsal space!?!..

Yea, I remember Juggernaut - And yes, we had a ton of bands down there... It could be a pretty wild place on a friday or sat night. There was more heavy metal in that place than in the bottom of Truk Lagoon! :wink:

It's funny bumping into people every now and then from that time. Just the other day, Don Lepena fixed my truck... he owns a body shop and used to sing with someone... had a room up there always...

Ran in to Lori - who used to be married to Allen Collins - he played up there, and I sorta sold - gave Musicians Exchange to him when I switched to the scuba business.

Ricky Ojeda (Drummer and my right hand man back then) has 2 kids now - his brother came into the scuba shop just the other day to see the progress on the new store.

You'll have to stop on by some time... we can see if any of the brain cells from that period can still fire enough that we remember the "good ole' days".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom