Are you calling DAN with accidents?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A couple weeks ago I posted a request from Dan Orr about divers notifying DAN of any accidents they know of or witness. A fair number of them have been posted to this forum since then. I just want to remind you that DAN does not always get a report when an accident happens. Many times they find out about it through news reports and message boards they happen to see. Again if you see an accident or know of a news account of one PLEASE CALL DAN and let them know. Once they are notified they will open a case file and take it from there. AGAIN THIS IS REQUEST FROM DAN via Dan Orr. They hope to get a more complete picture of the accidents that occurr and the causes for them. So don't just repost from other sources. Post and then get on the phone and call them. The action you take may save divers in the future.

i agree! having said that, why doesn't dan orr and or someone else connected to DAN subscribe to this accident and incident forum on scubaboard?

reefman
key largo

They do keep an eye on it. Dan Orr simply does not have time to watch this thread himself. I was with him the 3rd week of July. Since January he had put on over 50,000 air miles, been in several different countries, and was all over the US. DAN gets a lot of help keeping track of accidents via interns and they do a heck of a job but it is not their only job. So c'mon guys and gals. Take 10 or 15 minutes and pick up the phone. It is a lot easier for you to do that and more productive for them than having someone sit in front of a monitor watching this forum. I kinda feel it's a simple and fair request considering the work they do for us. All of us.

Back
Top Bottom