Are you diving BHB Thurs Nov 5? Can I tag along or give you an excuse to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recommend a guide. The first time my wife and I dived BHB, we got a detailed briefing at Force-E and took a photocopied map of the underwater topography. We entered the water and promptly got lost, wandering off course and away from where we thought we wanted to go. Oh, it was still a decent dive, but we just didn't go where we had intended and saw a lot more sand than anything else. It's easy to wander off course because you're naturally going to spend most of your time scanning the bottom and not focused on your compass. If you don't know the "landmarks" and you are not an ace compass navigator, you might find yourself off course. The second time we dived BHB we hired a guide from Force-E and saw much more stuff. Even the last time we were there a few weeks ago we got a little lost. The good thing is that you can just pop up to the surface and orient yourself.

If you are looking for a guide, I would highly recommend Scuba_Jenny!!! Great person with knowledge of the area!! Also has great taste in beers!!! Used her a couple years ago and would love to get back and do it again!!

I didn't know she was local to the area, that's awesome! I'll for sure have to see if she's available that day - I know her from some of the Invasion trips. Good heads up!

Pans Siren & Scuba Jenny reunion. ..too bad I can't make it.
She didnt see you Coz costume this year. :rofl:

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hey buddy!!!! I would LOVE to dive with you! We had a blast in Coz.
Was at the MegaDive with some other Coz. buddies and Roxanne told me you were coming in town. I am working during the week, but if you want to dive on Sunday, I might be available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom