Are you diving BHB Thurs Nov 5? Can I tag along or give you an excuse to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FuzzyNutz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be coming to Florida to dive 2 days with Emerald Charters for my 30th birthday, and my plan is to dive the Blue Heron Bridge as soon as I arrive. I arrive in Miami at 12:00 on the 5th, gotta get my bags and pick up a rental car, then it's straight to the bridge. High tide looks like it should come around 4:15, hoping I can be at a shop for a tank by 3… should all be perfect timing. I've never been there before, so I was thinking of getting a guide more or so to be familiar with the layout of the park, rules, and boat traffic. Before I do that, I figured I'd see if anybody here was already going and wouldn't mind me tagging along… or just needs an excuse to go diving! haha.

I also see there's a few shops nearby with good things being said of all of them… any recommendation on which is most convenient for picking up a tank? Is it really easy enough to not worry about a guide? Anybody have a favorite guide I should seek out?

I'll buy beers or dinner afterwards if you want to go, I promise to leave the borat suit at home this time :blinking:

I'll be coming to Florida to dive 2 days with Emerald Charters for my 30th birthday, and my plan is to dive the Blue Heron Bridge as soon as I arrive. I arrive in Miami at 12:00 on the 5th, gotta get my bags and pick up a rental car, then it's straight to the bridge. High tide looks like it should come around 4:15,

It looks like High Tide is earlier that day. You should still be able to make it though, only 1.5 hr drive from MIA. (if you drive the speed limit, which nobody does around here! LOL)

2015-11-05 Thu 3:47 PM EST 3.1 feet High Tide

Palm Beach Shores tide table for the next 7 days

so I was thinking of getting a guide more or so to be familiar with the layout of the park, rules, and boat traffic. Before I do that, I figured I'd see if anybody here was already going and wouldn't mind me tagging along… or just needs an excuse to go diving! haha.

I would love to go, but I'm working :(

I also see there's a few shops nearby with good things being said of all of them… any recommendation on which is most convenient for picking up a tank?

I would say Pura Vida or Force E. Both right down the street.

Is it really easy enough to not worry about a guide?

Yes, it's really easy. There are plenty of maps on the internet. That's all you would need IMO.

Thanks for the advice, especially the correction on high tide that day! Looks to be an easy enough drive and I prebooked the car, so hopefully I'm out of the airport quick. I also just read Force E has din on hand, that's good to know. I've seen a few posts now too that say a guide isn't obligatory… more birthday beer money for me :) Have fun at work! haha J/K!!

I see it as 3:39pm on the 5th... so that's entering the water between 2:40 and 3, should be ok driving straight from MIA.

There are 3 shops right around the bridge, all have tanks and flags and everything you'd need, all should have guides available for a fee and knowing guides from the shops, all of them are awesome.

Force E is just before the bridge on the right, Pura Vida is just after the bridge on the right, and BHB Scuba is inside the park opposite of where you'd enter.

Hope you have a great dive!

Shops | Dive Blue Heron Bridge

It really is an easy dive but if you hire a local guide or dive with a BHB regular you will see more. It might even be possible to arrange for the guide to have a tank ready for you at the bridge and I know they can arrange for the flag. If so, all you would have to do is gear up and splash.

Check the times that the shops close in case you need to return a rental tank. Want to make sure you get there before closing time but you should be good on Nov. 5 with hours. Pura Vida closes at 6:00 Force-E closes at 8:00. Might not be a problem if you get a guide from the shop though.

I also see there's a few shops nearby with good things being said of all of them… any recommendation on which is most convenient for picking up a tank? Is it really easy enough to not worry about a guide? Anybody have a favorite guide I should seek out?

the easiest shop is Under the Bridge Watersports (Blue Heron Bridge Scuba). It is literally right there in the park across the parking lot. It does not get easier...or closer than that. The Best Shore Diving in the Americas - Blue Heron Bridge Scuba

the easiest shop is Under the Bridge Watersports (Blue Heron Bridge Scuba). It is literally right there in the park across the parking lot. It does not get easier...or closer than that. The Best Shore Diving in the Americas - Blue Heron Bridge Scuba

Oh wow, that is convenient! I'll have to give them a call tomorrow, I see they close at 5, I wouldn't want to end my dive early or rush getting out of the water to get the tank back on time (good tip kdad!).

Oh wow, that is convenient! I'll have to give them a call tomorrow, I see they close at 5, I wouldn't want to end my dive early or rush getting out of the water to get the tank back on time (good tip kdad!).

they should be open based on the dive times. they kind of know to be there when their customers are there! :D

If you are looking for a guide, I would highly recommend Scuba_Jenny!!! Great person with knowledge of the area!! Also has great taste in beers!!! Used her a couple years ago and would love to get back and do it again!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom