Are you sure you want to cage dive with White Sharks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man I was rolling on the floor when I read that! best post I've read today.
He forgot about the guy putting on swim goggles before he can render aid

"Ok, I'm going to go in and render assistance, but first let me take off my hat. I'm ready. Wait, no. I have to take off my sunglasses then I'll go in. But wait, boy, this is going to take a while, sorry guys, I still have to take off my buff, my shirt, my undershirt and my shoes... Deeper thought = Damn, I should have wore jeans and socks today."

I expressed my irritation with the whole thing, but yes, I have to admit, CuzzA's narration was hilarious. You can tell that guy was totally going in until something ignited in his brain and made him think better of it!

Sad to see the Shark getting hurt by human stupidity, all I can say.

But at least there not hunting them!
It is not the best way, but I guess people are at appreciating them and they are just viewing them in their own habitat, not caught or in captivity and not killed for sport!!!
Its crazy but I think its better than the alternative and I think people are at least appreciate their existence and want to keep these wonderful animals around. Sometimes we have to do things thart the majority of the population can relate to in order to get the same means, Preservation of these animals is important I think this might be a way getting more people to participate in this area. IMO
Frank G
www.zgearinc.com

Humans having the ability to interact with animals is a good thing. Out of sight, out of mind. It's one of the reasons I defend responsible aquarium keeping. People begin to look at things and their actions differently and how they effect the environment. Often changing their habits, participating in beach clean ups, etc.

Last edited:
A couple of things about this video really bother me. First, what got the shark in the cage was the fact that they were baiting it. If you look carefully, the shark grabbed the bait and then tried vigorously to swim off with it. As the shark was holding onto the bait, which was still attached to the rope, this held the shark on a trajectory which forced it into the cage. This is the sort of thing that happens when humans bait animals.

Precisely! If it were not for that bait, this never would have happened. But then again, if it were not for the bait, sharks probably wouldn't even be around there to begin with. I wonder if they do cage dives somewhere where they don't have to bait? I would do one of those!

Same thing happened to a friend of mine on a different boat and she said it was because they "pulled" the bait to late. This sort of appears to be the same situation. I have to give huge kudos to the diver who not only climbed out of the cage while avoiding a white shark, but he also held on to his camera. It would be interesting to know if there were divers in the other cage with cameras.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine on a different boat and she said it was because they "pulled" the bait to late. This sort of appears to be the same situation. I have to give huge kudos to the diver who not only climbed out of the cage while avoiding a white shark, but he also held on to his camera. It would be interesting to know if there were divers in the other cage with cameras.

It appears there are two more hookah lines going into the other cage and the other operator opens the door at the end. Maybe they filmed it.

Another thread started--looked but didn't find one initially, sorry, but hey,
I can't wait to get out of my lawn chair and go!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom