Argon Bottle Mounting Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PCoetzee

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey All.

I need Argon bottle mounting advice.

I recently purchased a 6CF inflation bottle for my suit. I am currently a bit frustrated as the DiveRite mounting solution that I purchased is extremely floppy when bolted to the side of my plate. I am also struggling to keep the cylinder from obstructing my left hip D-ring.

I am currently doing a lot of experimentation with the bottle height. The pictures on the DiveRite website suggest that the bottle should be mounted quite high on the plate towards the left shoulder. According to the pictures posted by Halcyon the bottle rides quite low.

I have also started looking at other DIY concepts such as the WreckArgon and the WKPP belt slide designs.

What works best? Should I throw away the flimsy DiveRite mounting solution and buy Halcyon OctoGrip straps? Is there a better solution?
Should I make my own?

has anybody tried the WreckArgon solution?

I need some practical advice derived from personal experience...

Pete

I use the Halcyon single strap with bungie. I like it very much but haven't tried anything else

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I use the dive right harness and like it. You say "floppy", I say "flexible" so that it moves around as needed based upon how much air I have in the wing, deco bottle location, etc. If it's interfering with your left hip d-ring, it's probably too low. I know many folks who use the DIY method and like that as well. Personally, I like the dive rite harness and always have, but that's just me. There are many options out there and none are expensive. Experiment and find what works for you.

you can take a small piece of bungee and create a prusik that will keep it snug to your tank but still allow it to move if needed. You can see something similar in the pictures on the GUE website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom