Aristakat ROCKS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tlawler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Well, I finally had a chance to go out on the Aristakat for a couple of dives on Saturday. I have to say that Captain Jamie runs a class operation and is very personable as well. Crewmembers Debra and Jesse were very helpful and accomodating. Captain Jamie even went way out of his way to ensure that we had a great dive experience by offering to take us offshore when the three sites we dropped down on near the boneyard were infested with jellyfish.

I'd like to offer something of a disclaimer, or perhaps an apology for my "priceless" comment. The only point I was trying to make was the difference in price among the three charters listed. In no way was I trying to say one charter was any better than any other. In fact, not having been on any of them at that point, I could in no way offer an objective opinion on any of them. (I had been out on the Spairtime numerous times and was familiar with the boat when Captain Steele ran it, but I haven't been out on it with the new Captain.)

I certainly didn't want to see it degenerate into "my charter is better than yours because it's been around longer" or any other number of reasons.

Last edited:
I went out with Jamie last weekend and had a great time! It was my first time diving in Venice and had a touch of beginner's luck. That's 4.75" of pure tooth there. The vis was better than I was expecting and it was like I was diving with a bunch of buddies. I'll definately sign-up with them again next time I'm in town.

P1060346.jpg

I've got some underwater pictures of some gulf creatures that I'll post in another thread.

I will have to agree the Aristakat Rocks... What I wouldnt give to own a boat like that!

Jaimie and Bob (and fossil babe for that matter) did an awesome job when I went out with them at the bash! I am a little jealous, what a great job to do every day!

Wow! Those are some great finds. I'm jealous. I'll have to try my luck on the Aristakat one of these days.

Thanks for compliments , Much appreciated !!!!!

Heres what Mike's tooth looked like before it was cleaned up. Man I am jealious thats a nice tooth congrats pal !!!!!!!!!!! It cleaned up great!!!!!!

Attachments

• keys mini 014.JPG
    keys mini 014.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 41
  • keys mini 015.JPG
    keys mini 015.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 50
I tell ya, I love that Cat boat so much! My wife finally got a ride on it and she's got the same view - we've put a 33' world cat on our family vision board :D

I see myself becoming great friends with the Bulla family... If the sail boat is taking up too much room you can always park the Cat at my place! ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom