Arriving March 3rd 2012, staying in Bodden

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Derail

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone else traveling there? We arrive Sat March 3rd, and leave Sun March 11th.

Also, if you read this and own a business on the island - please PM me - as I'll be creating a biz there and need an onsite accountant, etc.
I'd rather deal with a referral, then meet them face-to-face in my week there.

Next thing to deal with - dives - in my case, the lack of doing boat dives - and doing lots of shore dives.

The boat trips are hellish for Sylvie and I, we'll have all our gear with us except tanks & weights. Willing to do at least one boat trip. Will have a rental car onsite, will be staying at Turtle Nest Inn.

We just don't dive enough to justify using Seashore or other resorts that cater rather well to divers. We're there also just to relax.

I'd like to try a shore night dive in shallow, I'm not AOW, just OW, so if any locals and other divers want to join up to team. I still have to check the moon cycle to see if a full moon is happening the first week of March...would be sooooo coooool :cool2:

Any independent divers that act as guides? My trip to Maui, Halemano was our guide & photographer, was worth it !

Your just down the road from Ocean Frontiers: Scuba Diving Adventures and Dive Vacations on the East End of Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands with Ocean Frontiers Dive Center If you plan ONLY shore diving on the East End you are fairly limited...would have better choices diving West End/Seven Mile Beach area. For East End diving take a look at this site The Green Shorts Challenge>> greenshortchallenge.com

Ellen & I will be at our place in the Gun Bay area Feb 11 to March 3 so can not be of help for you. Also you said you wanted to do a night dive I would highly recommend this >>> Grand Cayman Dive Schedule The Thursday night dive is a UV special...using UV lights amazing the colors and diversity of things that come 'out' with UV light. Diving the North Side in March might be 50-50 chance due to typical winter wind patterns causing North Side ocean to have large swells and waves....sometimes it calms and you can get a couple of nice days of diving.

We are down at our place about every month so if you like more info just let me know
Michael

Based on another recommendation, I'll be staying at Turtle Nest Inn. The owner/operators of the place are from Montreal, just like me!

Also will try the Calypso restaurant.

Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom