Article on Death In Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a person who is actively involved in the thread, I am not supposed to moderate it. If you believe it should be closed, the way to do that is to report a post in the thread and make your case. The staff will discuss it in the back room.

Speaking solely for myself, I would not expect a moderator discussion of such a request to lead to a closing. ScubaBoard rarely closes threads. As long as people want to talk about a subject, the thread is usually left open. Exceptions are made in a number of cases. If a thread is whirling out of control, it will be closed temporarily while a moderator goes in and performs the needed surgery, but it will then be reopened. Threads are sometimes closed when things get really, really ugly, but that is pretty rare.

If everyone wants this thread to come to an end, the simple solution is to stop posting in it.

Wow you are nicer than me, not that that the website was in any way difficult to find! (Hint: the report is just two levels down!)

This thread would be a whole lot shorter if you would occasionally read some of the things people say when they respond to you.

As I told you in two previous messages, the source you need to contact is the IUCRR, which investigates cave diving incidents and submits reports to the police. They can explain the process far better than I.

Kate: Clear your Inbox. I've been trying to PM you to pick your brain about drysuits.

Or make it really really ugly...

No, that will just end up with Moderation of those posts and likely other sanctions for purposely "trolling", etc.

As John stated, you don't have to keep at it.

No, that will just end up with Moderation of those posts and likely other sanctions for purposely "trolling", etc.

As John stated, you don't have to keep at it.

How would that be trolling? I could understand the TOS violations for personal attacks or "flaming"....but not trolling.

If you couldn't see the satirical purpose of that post...well, no skin off my back.

As I told you in two previous messages, the source you need to contact is the IUCRR, which investigates cave diving incidents and submits reports to the police. They can explain the process far better than I.

They seem more than perfectly competent as first respondents for a rescue, but quite frankly to investigate after the fact you need facts, and without the Police securing the equipment and having it tested by a professional Lab., you do not get facts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom