Artifact Pictures From Virginia Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oyster Diver:
Drewski, I appreciate your desire to keep the wreck protected and only show people once you've figured out what you've found. I really like to collect artifacts, but I also dive with SHIP which is looking for wrecks in the Chesapeake. I consider any wreck we find or is shown to me to be completely off limits for anything but looking. The attraction is finding/exploring a site that isn't usually seen. I don't think there are many wrecks in the bay that have never been dove on before. All that said, anyone can say anything on the internet and we haven't met so skepticism on your part is expected. Maybe we could meet up for some charters this summer? I'm always looking to go diving. I hope you don't think I'm asking for to much, but I've learned that if you don't ask, you don't get.

Andrew
Hi Andrew (my name as well!):

I'd be happy to take you and a few others on this wreck. I visited the beach near the site the other day and found that the City had done some shore modifications in the area. I'm hoping they didn't "run into" anything during construction, but it's a possibility. My shore markers are also gone, but I'm pretty sure I know where it's at within 200 yards.

As far as meeting and doing some diving, absolutely! My last 7 years of diving were all instructional and charter diving with only a little recreational thrown in. NOW, I'm ready for some pure enjoyment. Virginia, North Carolina and New Jersey are pretty much where I want to dive, but I'm open to other stuff too.

I'll keep in touch and update soon...

Hi Andrew,
Sounds great. I plan on doing most of my diving this year out of Ocean City, Maryland because I am taking the advanced nitrox and staged decompression class there this winter and will need a few dives to complete the class. Plus the OC Diver is a great boat.

That said, I really want to do a few weekends in VA Beach since I've never dove there before. I've done a few limited dives in NC and want to do a lot more. And I'm interested in New Jersey if I can fit it in. I will consider diving anywhere. Talk to you later.
Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom