Aruba, Cayman. Who to dive with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drew,

I'll be in GC in 10 days. Want to get to gether and dive? I'll be there with two friends. We are staying at Cobalt Coast and diving with DiveTech. I'll be finishing up my DM internship while I'm there as well (my friend is also my DM instructor).

Duane

I dove with Clive from Dive Aruba back in February.

I thought he was great and I definitely recommend him.

He picked me up at my hotel door every morning and we drove to his boat. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. He does NOT have one of those cattle call operations. Most of my dives were just my buddy and me. One day, we had two other people with us.

If you use him, you'll be glad that you did so.

Good luck.

Wijbrandus once bubbled...
Nice detective work, by the way. Or are you in the Cruise business? :wink:

I'm a dive instructor, but we tend to know where the cruise ships are coming from and going to next. They have to radio that to Port Authority. Only one ship comes this way and departs for Aruba. BOTS.

jhnsndn once bubbled...
Drew,

I'll be in GC in 10 days. Want to get to gether and dive?

I may be worn out. I'm covering for someone who's on vacation now and it's going to be Pirate's Week. Unfortuantely I'll only have one day off while you're here, so give a call. Maybe.

I would recommend Keith and Casey at Neptune Divers. My fiance and I did our checkout dives with them and they were WONDERFUL! I don't have enough nice things to say about them and we always felt that we had adequate attention and assistance as new divers. It was fantastic. Keith was very good at showing us things that we might not have seen without his assistance. Plus, the number of divers was not that high. My fiance and I have experienced the 'cattle call' boats and prefer the smaller boats where there aren't five million people diving at the same time. So, if you want a good recommendation, I would say that Neptune's divers is great.
LB

I just went with them in Sept.

It was my first trip there and I've now decided that this will be a minimum once a year trip....sorry, back to your question...

FishEye ran a great operation, check out their website (fisheye.com) and drop them a line. Extremely freindly folks and Bart is a riot. Small groups and all the attention you want (unless you don't want it).

From what many divers told me there aren't any real bad ops on the island, but these guys and girls impressed me enough that I will be using them for my annual pilgrimages.

Whatever you do, don't skip Stingray City(not the snorkel trip, it's worth putting a tank on for)...I know a lot of people don't like the concept of the "taming and training" of wild animals. But there is nothing like the feeling or sight of dozens of Stingrays all around you...it's truly an amazing experience.

Enjoy your trip, sounds like a blast....just a little jealous...any room in your luggage?

:thinkof:

Jeff

I have been diving with Fisheye on two different occassions several years ago, before Bart took over and they were at that time a really nice operation.

I am going back to Cayman in December with Fisheye now with Bart. I have sent Bart some emails to get some updates on the operation and he always answers me right back and answers any questions I may have.

I am really looking forward to getting back to diving again (it has been a few years but I have about 200 dives under my belt) and I know Bart and the Fisheye people will be a great.

The people in my local Los Angeles dive shop have nothing but good things to say about Bart and Fisheye.

Bruce

We went to Grand Cayman as new divers and had a great time. Since you don't have a lot of time you may want to consider some shore diving near Georgetown. Bob Sotos and a couple of other dive shops are within walking distance of where the shuttle from the cruise ship drops you off. You don't have to worry about dive operation schedules .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom