Aruba - Clive Paula

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funland111

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Yesterday I completed my 10th dive with Paula for the week, and had an outstanding week of diving. Clive will hopefully have his boat in operation in about 3 weeks. He has been operating under some difficult circumstances, due to no fault of his own. I would especially recommend Paula for the experienced diver due to his dive profiles. If he is comfortable with your air consumption he will give you a long leash, only asking to end the dive around an hour. He has logged over 10,000 dives and has intimate knowledge of the local dive sites, so as long as you follow his rules you'll have a great time.

Bill Henschke

Did you get in touch with him via email prior to diving with him? I tried sending him an email through his website (Dive Aruba), but hadn't received a response originally. I tried emailing again today, so we'll see if I get anything back.

Does he take beginner divers out as well? I've only logged about 16 dives, so I'm comfortable underwater but not an expert by any means. His name seems to pop up the most for Aruba diving recommendations though, so I was hoping to try diving with him.

I'll be in Aruba from April 23-30th, can't wait!

I've been emailing with Clive nearly daily for the past several days, so not sure why you can't get hold of him. Try emailing directly instead of going through the web site, maybe that will help? His email is divearuba@setarnet.aw

I'll be diving with him May 9-13th.

You will be fine with Clive. I'm sure he will not ask you to do anything thing you are not comfortable with. After his morning dives with us he taught at a local resort, so he handles divers with varying experience levels. Just tell him the number of dives you had have, and how you do with air consumption. One diver with us wanted 100psi tanks, but he will only use 80's. Have fun and remember to tell him when you reach 1500psi.

Bill

Just wanted to follow-up and say that Clive got right back to me after emailing him directly, and he's answered all my questions since then. My brother is getting certified this week as well, so it'll be great to have my younger brother along with me as well :cool2:

I'm getting ready to dive with him in the last week of April and am counting down the days till vacation!

Only a few weeks away from my trip to Aruba.. anyone else diving with Clive May 9th-13th?

Well, leaving for Aruba on Saturday and just got an email this morning from Clive saying he had to cancel all of our dives. (His boat isn't ready and he couldn't get another) Tried to go with Jads but they have no availability for half the days.. This isn't a very ideal situation to be left in.

Only a few weeks away from my trip to Aruba.. anyone else diving with Clive May 9th-13th?

Just got to Aruba last night. My wife who is also my dive buddy is pregnant so I didn't plan on diving but if there are a few of you diving with Clive this week I'd love to get out for a tank or two. Just emailed Clive, hope to hear back from him.

Hope to see you soon! ; )

Andre

Just got to Aruba last night. My wife who is also my dive buddy is pregnant so I didn't plan on diving but if there are a few of you diving with Clive this week I'd love to get out for a tank or two. Just emailed Clive, hope to hear back from him.

Hope to see you soon! ; )

Andre

Doh! Just read the rest of the thread... (Browsing on a BlackBerry sucks) who did you end up diving with? Room for one more? Can you post the contact info for Native please?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom