Aruba dive boat/shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back today did several dive with JADS and in same situation with wife... +1 more vote for JADS and the whole gang there. The shop is a great hang out as well.:D

I would 100% recommend Clive at Dive Aruba. We choose to dive with him and were not disappointed. He guides all of the dives, and makes sure everyone is within their comfort zone. We had a 15 year old girl (novice to say the least) diving with her experienced parents and she did awesome. His boat is on the smaller side, but, that is what we like. This is not a cattle call boat. Clive is a great dive instructor as well as person, and really did cater to the needs of EVERY diver on our trip. When we go back to Aruba we will certainly dive with him again.

I like Bero at Mermaid Sports Divers. I completed 2 certification trainings with him and found him to be very friendly and professional.

I used Red Sail two years ago. Had a blast.

hammer5,
welcome to this board.
my son went with redsail for his ''resort course'' and had alot of fun.
i went with clive.
Dive Aruba - Scuba Classes, Dive Trips and Equipment Rentals
he will pick you up at your resort, fast boat, small groups and will allow you to dive your computer.
you will enjoy your holiday on aruba.
regards,

Smokey,

I'm going to be there solo in August. Is Clive the right guy for advanced divers?

Tridacna,

Clive runs a great operation, but Jads is certainly the best dive operator on the island for advanced divers. They do some advanced dives such as Santana Reef and the awesome Cabes Reef; Clive does not offer these dives. Cabes Reef borders on the extreem, but is regarded by many as the finest dive site Aruba has to offer.

Tridacna,

Clive runs a great operation, but Jads is certainly the best dive operator on the island for advanced divers. They do some advanced dives such as Santana Reef and the awesome Cabes Reef; Clive does not offer these dives. Cabes Reef borders on the extreem, but is regarded by many as the finest dive site Aruba has to offer.

Thanks a lot. I'll try Jads. That sounds awesome!

To All who gave me their advice, THANKS...:D

Just got back from ARUBA, went with Unique Sports just outside of the RIU Palace and JADS. (BRING YOUR GEAR!!!!!)

:)(Unique Sports...would utilize there services, friendly staff, but there equipment seemed quite worn, but what would be expected from rental gear, but if you don't want to go far from your hotel, i would recommend using them)
:thumbs_up:(JADS...Definitely would recommend them to go with. They're a little off the beaten path, but well worth the 30 - 40 minute drive to get there. JADS seemed to have a very knowledgeable staff, there was zero pressure from every one there, They take you out to places that seems to be devoid of the masses...thus and excellent experience!!!)

1. Unique sports...decent outfit, friendly, well intentioned and friendly crew.
a. I took my wife to do the resort course to try scuba, didn't quite work out, can't blame the guys for her bailing, but have to give her cudos for trying.
b. Paid for the trip out that she was supposed to go, wasn't too bad, considering
the divers who were part of the dive. The trip was approx 400 - 500m away from the shore, some aquatic life, but mostly sand. This was expected since the boat was
filled with mostly people who never dove before, I was just happy to get in the water.
c. The next dive was to the South Coast, There were 2 groups of approx 5 divers. You could pretty much tell as to the experience level of the divers by the gear they had. The aquatic life was better and there weren't too many people in the water. The guides were knowledgeable of the area and did there best with the amount of divers and skill level.

2. JADS ... EXCELLENT outfit, very relaxed, made you feel at home in there shop.
a. Since I was the only diver they took me out on shore dives. The first dive was relaxing, reasonable aquatic life to see, some reasonable coral reefs, but what do i know this was the first Caribbean dive i've been to. I guess Walter, my guide didn't want to take me out to anything too rough till he could get a feel on what my skill level was.
b. The second dive was outside of their shop by baby beach, definitely more difficult to get out to the dive site, had to deal with a swim out ~25 - 30m against 1-3 foot waves, not horrible, but a new experience. Definitely well worth the effort.... saw a large amount of aquatic life as well as some very tasty lobster, too bad i wasn't out there to get some sea food. Also saw an under water cross, can't remember why it was there.

We always dive with Romeo at Native Divers when we go to Aruba. We bring our own equipment but his rentals are in great shape...like new. He's an excellent DM and great entertainer. His boat has shelter and a bathroom. He also picks you up and drops you off right at your door. Lots of fun to dive with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom