Aruba Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going down in 9 days.. March 22 to 29. How long does it usually take Jads to reply to an e-mail? Wife and I are looking to get our advanced open water certs done while down there.. warmer water = happy wife.. :)

Going down in 9 days.. March 22 to 29. How long does it usually take Jads to reply to an e-mail? Wife and I are looking to get our advanced open water certs done while down there.. warmer water = happy wife.. :)

They are usually pretty good at getting back to you quickly. I'd give them a couple of days to respond.

You will love Jads. Say hi to JP and the crew from Fort Wayne. See em soon.

I dove with JADS in December and had a good experience. JP works hard to make sure his clients have a good experience. Rudolph is a good DM and a good guy. The whole gang is good. The downside to JADS is the commute. They will happily pick you up and drop you off at your resort each day in their van. Depending on how many other people they are picking up and how bad the traffic is in Oranjestad, it can take 30 - 45 minutes to get to the marina or the shop. Since it's their van, you will never miss the boat, but you spend a fair amount of time going back and forth. They did not have the new boat yet in December. The old boat would probably be too small for your group.

I got my OW from USA (Unique Sports Aruba) mostly based on the recommendations of the good people here. I could not be happier.
I'm going back in August and can't wait to dive with them again!

I did my 4 check out dives with JADS... Rudolph was fantastic.... Though I had to perform my skills to finish my OW Cert, he still made sure I enjoyed the heck out of the dives... Baby Beach was amazing.... They take you to some really nice shore dives....

Christi should get back to you within a day or 2... Here is her email addy...

christie.jadsaruba@yahoo.com

Jads did indeed respond PROMPTLY.. between my communication wth JP, Christie and the comments on this board, I must say I'm REALLY looking forward to getting in the water down there...

Now, anyone have any "must see" dive sites in aruba?

The Antilla is one of the most famous wrecks in the area. It is a huge ship that was scuttled by it's captain at the start of WWII for fear his vessel was about to fall into enemy hands (those poor German sailors had to spend the rest of the war in Aruba).
once word of the war was received the captain flooded the engine room with a full head of steam on. The sudden rush of cold water hitting the hot boilers caused an explosion and the ship split in 2.
It's in around 90 feet of water. Parts of it still are above the water surface.
I personally dove this site close to 20 times using snorkel only. Last year was my first time using SCUBA. I'm anxious to go back.

I liked the Antilla. I really liked the Renaissance airplanes, and if you are diving with JADS, make sure that they take you to "The Fingers". I thought that was a nice dive, as well.

It's in around 90 feet of water. Parts of it still are above the water surface.
I personally dove this site close to 20 times using snorkel only. Last year was my first time using SCUBA. I'm anxious to go back.

The Antilla is only about 60 ft. to the sand and most of it collapsed last fall.

Back
Top Bottom