Aruba For Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hello im traveling to aruba over christmas holiday and i was woundering if anyone knew of a charter company that isnt a cattle boat and allows solo diving.

Contact Clive at Dive Aruba I dove with him last week and I loved it. He has a
small boat only holds about 6 or 7 divers, we had 4 most dives, he lets you dive your
computer and air consumption. We did some 85 minute dives. He doesn't have a shop
but will pick you up at your hotel. Any questions just let me know. He has a website
and it may take a few days for a reply as he dives every day and doesn't check
e-mail on weekends. If you want to dive with Clive I advise you book early because his spots fill fast.

greg

Where are you staying? I've been to Aruba 3 times and always use Romeo &Vanessa from Native Divers ( www.nativedivers.com ) He only takes out up to 6 divers at once. He doesn't have a set schedule. He is on the beach in front of the Marriott, beside the old fishermans docks on Palm beach. PM me if you have any other questions.

Clive @ Dive Aruba is the man to dive with on Aruba, I dvoe with him 3 days. I dove with Mermaid (1 day), great DM but total cattle boat. Also dove with Unique Sports (1 day), good DM & company, but I had some total jack arses, that ruined the reef/dive.

7 of us chartered 8 dives with Clive Paula of http://www.divearuba.com/ in March, 05, and had a very positive experience with him. He's a very conscientious and knowledgeable DM and must have gills instead of lungs! We are fairly new divers and it was a genuine joy to dive with Clive. He books up fairly far in advance, so I'd contact him fairly soon for Dec.

Why don't you try Red Sail. They have modern and fast dive boats and good rental equipment. They have just taken on four or five new staff members from Europe, who are excellant instructors and it's a pleasure to be guided by them.

i want to stay away from Red Sail because i have heard that they are nothing more than a cattle boat which I would rather shore dive all week than go on a cattle boat. thanks for all the replys and i look forward to more advise.

I just emailed divearuba, also, as I'll also be in Aruba Dec 21-28. I hope he reads his email!

Brian, if you need a buddy, I prefer a "loose buddy" system, because I take photos. I wouldn't cramp your dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom