Aruba For Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shakeybrainsurgeon:
I have gone out multiple times on both Red Sail and Unique, both are friendly and have diverse schedules. Unique takes smaller numbers, but they have older, smaller boats so i felt as crowded on them as on Red Sail. Overall, however, I would recommend either of them,,, but Red Sail is more likely to give you grief if they have a big cruise ship account the day you want to dive.

I agree with Shakey here. I however, wouldn't chance my trip. Romeo and Vanessa with Native divers will have you feeling like family. You will be free to do what you like and will probably want to hang out with them afterward.

And for the OP, I would recommend Unique Sports.

Most of the dives in Aruba are so overpopulated that you can easily get lost...

My current Avatar was a shot of me taken near the lighthouse in Aruba

Have a blast there is much fun to be had if you know where to look...

***MODERATOR WARNING***

Let's stick to the original topic at hand and stop the speculating about what might or might not have happened to Natalee Holloway. :no

***MODERATOR WARNING***

Recommendation for restaurants:

1) the one at the Tierra del Sol club --- great ambience, service and the chowder in the bread bowl is tremendous

2) the lighthouse restaurant --- go at sunset, awesome view great food but a tad expensive

Both are about a ten dollar/ten minute cab ride frorm the Palm beach hotels

thanks for everyones advice and imput. right now i am leaning more toward native divers. in my past experiances i have found that it is rarly the boat that makes a good charter but the crew. the best crew are people that know what theyu are doing, let the divers dive to their abilities and can add that personal touch.

thanks
brian

P.S. MIKE S "War Damn Eagle!!!"

shakeybrainsurgeon:
Recommendation for restaurants:

1) the one at the Tierra del Sol club --- great ambience, service and the chowder in the bread bowl is tremendous

2) the lighthouse restaurant --- go at sunset, awesome view great food but a tad expensive

Both are about a ten dollar/ten minute cab ride frorm the Palm beach hotels

Here's my restaurant suggestions

Amazonia Churrascaria : Great south american steak house! Would definately eat there again. Entree is I think around $33. This or Texas de Brazil is a must visit while there.

Pago Pago: In Wyndham. Absolutely great but $$$ if you go full course with drinks, appetizer, desert, etc.

Pelican Nest(on Pier): Nothing fancy, but good food and a great place to sit on the pier and eat and watch ths sunset. (Pier at Holiday Inn).

Gilligans in Radisson (beachside): great place for a sandwich on the beachfront walkway.

Barracudas: Ok.. the food here wasn't that great, but it might be worth stopping for lunch for a burger to sit at the tables in front of the aquariums. (Wouldn't waste my time for dinner here though)

Iquanna Joes: great place to eat a sandwich downtown. Overlooks the main street.

El Gaucho: Great steakplace!

Blossums: Asian. In lower level of Wyndham.

Several hotels offer a dinner on the beach at sunset. Next time we go, we'll definately do this.

mike_s:
Here's my restaurant suggestions

Amazonia Churrascaria : Great south american steak house! Would definately eat there again. Entree is I think around $33. This or Texas de Brazil is a must visit while there.

Pago Pago: In Wyndham. Absolutely great but $$$ if you go full course with drinks, appetizer, desert, etc.

Pelican Nest(on Pier): Nothing fancy, but good food and a great place to sit on the pier and eat and watch ths sunset. (Pier at Holiday Inn).

Gilligans in Radisson (beachside): great place for a sandwich on the beachfront walkway.

Barracudas: Ok.. the food here wasn't that great, but it might be worth stopping for lunch for a burger to sit at the tables in front of the aquariums. (Wouldn't waste my time for dinner here though)

Iquanna Joes: great place to eat a sandwich downtown. Overlooks the main street.

El Gaucho: Great steakplace!

Blossums: Asian. In lower level of Wyndham.

Several hotels offer a dinner on the beach at sunset. Next time we go, we'll definately do this.

I have dined at Amazonia and Blossums and agree, both are worth the trip. But dining at sunset is a must in Aruba, regardless of the food!

Ditto El Gaucho (downtown - make reservations) and Iguana Joes.

NTSilver:
Ditto El Gaucho (downtown - make reservations) and Iguana Joes.

Okay I wasn't going to say anything else but I have to vote yes on Gaucho as being one of your dinner's as well :D Also, I am sorry I missed this sunset place. It sounds great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom