Aruba hotel recommendation for non divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbs

Contributor
Reaction score
So some friends got blown out from their trip scheduled in Nov. to St Maarten. They are not divers so I suggested Aruba as its below the hurricane belt. Trouble is have never been there! Curacao, yes, Bonaire yes.. But not Aruba. Does anyone have a hotel recommendation there? AI or regular hotel. They would not be interested in cooking. Basically eat, drink (a lot!) and hang on the beach.
Thanks!!

Depending on price range, I would strongly recommend Manchebo Beach Resort. I just got back from a week there, and found it to be fantastic. I was there with my wife, who doesn't dive, and it was ideal. The beach is great. You have far more personal space than any other resort I have seen. They have 4 restaurants on site and you can choose all inclusive or do your own thing. I did not do the all inclusive, but did visit each restaurant. They are great and I can recommend them all.

Dive in the morning (with JADS), while the non divers enjoy the beach. Then hang out in the afternoon on the beach. You can get some food and drinks at their outdoor restaurants where a local guitarist or other musician plays Caribbean themed tunes. Then watch the sunset over the beach. Once dinner time hits, you can walk into the fine dining restaurants and listen to a jazz pianist while eating steak/sushi and enjoying some wine or cocktails. It doesn't get much better than that.

Back
Top Bottom