Asahi/Genesis/Sherwood Steel Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLSPEARGURU

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi everyone,

I am looking to purchase 1 or more Asahi/Genesis/Sherwood ST 100 steel tank/tanks. I would prefer they already come with the Sherwood DIN valve, but this is certainly not a deal breaker. Any information on availability or where I might be able to locate these tanks would be greatly appreciated, as they were discontinued from production in 2008. Thanks for all your help!

FLSPEARGURU

Hard to say if they are really discontinued. I was told by someone at Sherwood a couple weeks ago that they were, but then shortly after that someone at Catalina, who actually import them, said they had a shipment of Asahi steels coming in soon, earmarked for Sherwood. Or was it the other way around? So they may still be available - if you don't mind new, you might want to call Catalina and see what the story is.

May I ask why you want them?

Hi everyone,

I am looking to purchase 1 or more Asahi/Genesis/Sherwood ST 100 steel tank/tanks. I would prefer they already come with the Sherwood DIN valve, but this is certainly not a deal breaker. Any information on availability or where I might be able to locate these tanks would be greatly appreciated, as they were discontinued from production in 2008. Thanks for all your help!

FLSPEARGURU

Thanks Oxy....these tanks are what I have been using for years. I am familiar and comfortable with the empty and full buoyancy properties and I have not had a single issue with them. No rust, no VIP or Hydro issues, so no need to "break in" a new tank at this point.

Thanks for the FYI, I will contact Catalina. I also spoke with someone who mentioned that the ST 100 was actually being remarketed as the Sherwood ST 98, however, no one at Sherwood has any idea of what that is.....so I am not sure what is going on with these particular tanks.

FLSPEARGURU

I have 2 sets of them doubled up but would consider separating a set. However I am in the Northeast and shipping these days is a bit on the high side. I will be headed to Beneath the Sea tomorrow if you know anyone who could pick them up for you there I'd consider a discounted price too.

Hi Belle,

Thanks for the post. I would certainly be interested in purchasing 2 of your tanks. I would also be able to arrange shipping. Please contact me at your convenience.

I sent you a PM yesterday so please let me know if you are still interested. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom