Ascent rate alarm question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swampdogg:
Don't know, but I would love to figure out how to do that. Like I said, I am just learning how to use it.
Download the software from here: http://www.diveaeris.com/service_software.html
You can get a download cable from the guys at ScubaToys (or most LDS's).
Gives you quite a bit of flexibility on logging and analyzing your dives (that three ring dive log becomes a thing of the past).

The Aeris Atmos (I have the same 'puter) *does* have a 30'/sec ascent rate. The newer 'puters from Aeris and Oceanic (all Pelagic) I believe have the 60'/30' per second updates. My Atmos II is only 30'/sec. If you have a single violation, the alarm bar will flash, however, once downloaded, the graph of the dive will show the segment where the violation took place (in red).

Good tool... enjoy...

I didn't order the $50 USB cable when I bought it and now I wish I had.

I found my manual and the ascent alarm flashes on the computer in log mode if you violate 1ft/2 seconds for 4 consecutive seconds at any point in your point in your ascent.

Without the download, the computer itself only displays ascent rate violations, Nitrogen loading at the end of the dive, time of dive, max depth and minimum water temp. I guess you have to subtract the time of first dive from time to begin second dive to get your SI.

I think the $50 cable is worth the money. I like being able to look at my dives both in graph form and minute by minute.

Swampdogg:
I didn't order the $50 USB cable when I bought it and now I wish I had.

I found my manual and the ascent alarm flashes on the computer in log mode if you violate 1ft/2 seconds for 4 consecutive seconds at any point in your point in your ascent.

Without the download, the computer itself only displays ascent rate violations, Nitrogen loading at the end of the dive, time of dive, max depth and minimum water temp. I guess you have to subtract the time of first dive from time to begin second dive to get your SI.
Actually, the 'puter will calculate your total nitrogen saturation for all your contiguous dives until there's a 24 hour SI, so it will accumulate your loading, and also take into account the SI's automatically (and the saturation will automatically reduce). It will also keep track of the time of each dive (start and end), so if you need to see what the individual SI's were, you can (although, I don't see what it would matter, unless you're diving tables instead of the computer).

I'm always getting the red blinking light on my versa pro on the way up. So now I've slowed down so the light stops blinking. And I never hear the alarm go off any more either!

I just came back from Key West and dove the Caymen Salvor and Joe's Tug. One a 100ft+ and one 65ft. I have to slow down to the above 60ft mark with a rate of 1/2 ft. a second. Up to 60ft it's still a foot a second then above 60ft a 1/2 ft a second.

My Versa Pro is set up this way. It's different than the old rate of a foot a second. A few years ago I was coming up from a depth of 130 and came up appx a ft a sec. to the 10ft mark the computer went nuts. Blinking and yelling at me telling me I was a dummy. So, now I don't look to my memory to think 60 for 60, 70 for 50, 80 for 40 etc. I go along with the computer and the new tables used with them. I made a few bounce dives and the computer always wins versa the older tables. So, now I'm watching my red light stays out!

Back
Top Bottom