Atami-October 16/17- Alien Landscape....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A group of us dove Atami on Saturday and another group is diving there today. What interesting conditions! The first 15 to 20 feet had rather turbid visibility. From 30 or 40 feet, things cleared right up (and got warmer), however the majority of the light was cut from the turbidity above. The bottom was really dark down at 40 meters, almost like a crystal clear night dive. It was really wild. :dazzler1:

We tore around on the scooters a bit, always a blast. We practiced some DIR skills during and after a dive, including using light signals for buddy contact and communication throughout the dive. My partner staged an OOA emergency at 35 meters, and we did and air share on the scooter! Good practice... :wink:

JAG

No better today! Yes I actually went diving!! Sorry pass only good for Sunday but at least we met up Friday - see I do exist!

Met and dived with Henryville on the second dive today so now it is just the infamous dcpac to go....

Maybe next weekend if I can come up with a suitable bribe :eyebrow:

I second Jonathan's sentiment that fun was had by all.

I would have to say Jim that your turbidity from yesterday had spread through the entire water column by today. Jonathan and I couldn't help thinking about home water conditions - a lot like New England wreck diving and I guess like UK diving, in contrast to usual Atami conditions.

Jonathan, it was great to meet and dive with you. As always, big fun to see and hang out with Thomas, Eriko, Marc, and the rest of the crew. Who cares about the vis when there is so much cameraderie and good cheer to go around? The only thing we lacked was the Boegeslyna factor, no skirts in sight.

Hopefully we can get a good group together for next weekend.

Henryville:
I second Jonathan's sentiment that fun was had by all.

I would have to say Jim that your turbidity from yesterday had spread through the entire water column by today. Jonathan and I couldn't help thinking about home water conditions - a lot like New England wreck diving and I guess like UK diving, in contrast to usual Atami conditions.

Jonathan, it was great to meet and dive with you. As always, big fun to see and hang out with Thomas, Eriko, Marc, and the rest of the crew. Who cares about the vis when there is so much cameraderie and good cheer to go around? The only thing we lacked was the Boegeslyna factor, no skirts in sight.

Hopefully we can get a good group together for next weekend.

Glad you guys had a blast...

Too bad the vis went bad all the way down. Are you here next weekend? I think we are heading further south Sat and Sun...

JAG

jagfish:
A group of us dove Atami on Saturday and another group is diving there today. What interesting conditions! The first 15 to 20 feet had rather turbid visibility. From 30 or 40 feet, things cleared right up (and got warmer), however the majority of the light was cut from the turbidity above. The bottom was really dark down at 40 meters, almost like a crystal clear night dive. It was really wild. :dazzler1:

We tore around on the scooters a bit, always a blast. We practiced some DIR skills during and after a dive, including using light signals for buddy contact and communication throughout the dive. My partner staged an OOA emergency at 35 meters, and we did and air share on the scooter! Good practice... :wink:

JAG

It was fun... Please don't be shy. You can name me instead of using 'partner', which may be misunderstood. Usually we use 'buddies' or 'team members'... ;-)

Thomas

It was great to dive with you all again, especially you Jonathan. It has been a looong time since. I hope you can join more often. Like next week when we go to IOP/Futo over the weekend. Eight people already signed up so it will be a blast. DCPAC is also joining, and Dev! If we are lucky Umiushi as well. (Sorry for taking apart your rig...)

Thomas

Be there Saturday as long as Typhoon 23 stays away.... Never dived IOP and it has been 3 years (almost to the day) since I dived Futo - where I seem to remember being the novelty gaijin - wonder what they think when Jagfish and dcpac et al descend on them?!

jagfish:
Ooops, she going back to Oz next weekend!

Yea, so am I. I am going to run away and live with her she is better looking than my wife and the diving is better :dazzler1:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom