Atlantic Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MISFIT DIVER

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Going to go to Atlantic Beach in July. Any suggestions on dive ops there? I know there are a couple that come pretty highly reccomended by Rodels (sp). Any help would be appreciated. What dive sites would you also reccomend?

Olympus

Dive with Olympus or Discovery diving in Beaufort. The diving can be extremley variable. Sometimes the visibility is 80 ft. especially if you go out to some the wrecks 25 miles offshore. Sometimes it is only 10 ft. Sometimes the seas are flat but most often there is a 15-20 knot wind from the SW with 3-5 foot chop which can make you sick. There are numerous tropicals such as angels and moray eels. Everybody comes to NC to dive the U352 sub which is one of my favorites. If you like sharks, the Papoose or the D wreck will have 20-60 8-12 ft sandtigers schooling around. They are not aggressive and basically don't know you are there, but they look mean with their snaggle teeth! Other good wrecks are the Hutton, Atlas tanker, and Naeco.

Did you make the trip? Who did you dive with? How was it?

I've dove with Olympus, Diver Down, and Discovery and prefer DIver Down first, Olympus second, and Discovery third. They're all good, Diver Down is more personable and a smaller boat. Olympus is good, but a little impersonal. Have a great time!

Back
Top Bottom