Atmos Elite AI vs OCeanic Vt3 (ease of use)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SBP Studios

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Not too familiar with either as ive never dove with either but think im narrowing it down to these 2 now.

Both in the $600-675 range. Which one is more user friendly for someone who has never really used a computer much?

how does Aeris stack up to Oceanic in build quality and longevity? It is a HOseless setup so im still a bit leary.

Oceanic and Aeris are different brands of the same company. I think the Atmos Elite AI is equivilant to the Oceanic VT Pro which is the previous generation of computers, whereas the Aeris equivilant of the Oceanic VT3 is the Elite T3.

I like my Oceanic VT3 a lot. I found it a little confusing at first to set up the way I wanted, but you can do that with the included cable/software. Had to send my first unit back for a stuck button, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't actually an issue with manufacture, but with someone doing bad things to my padded carryon in the back of the van from the airport to the hotel. They took care of it anyways.

I have had the Aeris Elite for two years and enjoy it a great deal. The numbers are easy to read and the format makes sense to me. The wireless link has worked very well also. Once in the last 100 dives, I lost link for a couple of seconds. When I set up my gear on shore I usually hang the watch on the tank when I turn the tank on. It establishes link and then I put the watch on. Hope this helps.

The Aeris Elite T3 and the Oceanic VT3 are the same computer. Both have the capability to read up to 3 independent transmitters, thus enabling the diver to check a buddy's air pressure or read different gas mixes during a technical dive. Both of these computers can read gas mixtures up to 100% O2. If purchasing the complete set, you will get the computer, 1 transmitter, and the download cable and software.

Well, I believe they can do up to 100% O2 for tanks 2 and 3; tank 1 I is limited to 50% O2 max. Also tanks 2 and 3 must be a richer mix with more O2 than tank 1, which is assumed to be your back gas.

If I can make a slight hijack of the thread, I have a similar (maybe the same) question. I know the Elite and VT3 are the same computer with slightly different displays. I can't get my hands on either one at the moment. I think I prefer the N2 graph on the Elite, though, and suspect the "air-time left in 10 minute increments" symbol on the VT3 isn't important, but wonder if anyone has opinions on this? I like the nitrogen loading bar graph feature on these computers and think having it more prominently displayed on the Elite would make life easier. Anyone else made this comparison?

A related question...I have now seen two posts about the buddy pressure readings on the Elite being wildly off. I don't anticipate needing this feature but thought it odd that I have only seen the complaint about the Elite and not the VT3. Anyone know anything about this?

Oh, and one more thing...I wish the max depth was dispalyed along with the actual depth or that the alternate screen order could be changed around. It seems to me it would make calculating a deep stop just a bit easier. Right? Wrong?

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom