Atom 1 Link to Transmitter Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmg

New
Reaction score
I just recently purchased an Atom 1 dive computer and tried to set it up the other day, but couldn't get it to link up with the transmitter. I made sure the transmitter numbers match for TMT1, it was on and hooked up to a full tank. From the "Sea" screen I toggled to the status menu, which showed good battery life of the watch, but the TMT1 as unavailable. I got the watch wet to see if that would put it into dive mode and link up as well as started the flow of air from the tank through the regulator and still couldn't get it to link up. Another person in the dive shop I was in just purchased the same model and has an identical problem. Any ideas on the piece of the puzzle we may be missing? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

You guys just purchased Atom 1s?

I'd take it back to the LDS you purchased it from and ask them to get it working. Even though the battery indicators are fine, you might have a low battery. That unit has been sitting on a shelf for over a year. I'm pretty sure the Atom 1s went out of production over a year ago, They were replaced by the Atom 2s last Fall.

We had a similar problem on the board last week with a guy that had a new Atom 2 - - he acctually re-entered the transmitter code despite the fact that it was already set properly and that made it work - you might give that a try just to see if it might be a similar problem.

Thanks for your advice. Through some additional troubleshooting we found that the transmitter is shot.

Back
Top Bottom