Atom 3.0 Wish List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yupito

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I thought that I would start an Atom 3.0 wish list of changes / upgrades over Atom 2.0. Here are mine:
1. Deep Stops
2. Ability to cancel Safety Stops
3. Longer strap (i have thick wrists)
4. Clear markings on control buttons (use description rather than symbols)
5. Ability to see total dive time when in safety stop on main screen
6. Being able to set/reset Altitude manually.
7. Slightly larger face.

In that case, I have a request.

I'm pretty sure it could be implemented via firmware in the Atom 2 and the Datamask, then we wouldn't have to wait.

A compass! :D

I agree there are necessary improvements. There are a couple I totally agree with, and a few more:

1. Deep Stops would be very nice.

2. Show dive time during safety stop.

3. When you are at 1.6 PO2, the PO2 warning overwrites the dive time, which if you are following deco tables, you need the run time much more than you need a high PO2 warning. You have to hold the button for a few seconds just to see the dive time. Difficult when you have both your hands full on tec dives.

4. Scrolling buttons would be nice - like in the log book. When I log dives with students, I have to scroll past the last dive in order to get to the first dive of the day. Then exit log book (or scroll through all logs), then go back in to get to the last dive of the day. Change the light button to an 'up' button, and the other to a 'down' button to scroll through like you can on a Suunto. Same in Plan mode. If you pass your desired depth, you can't back up - you have to scroll all the way back through.

5. Improve the battery compartment. I've had two atoms have pressure related problems due to the battery compartment, and one of them flooded. It needs to be redesigned to prevent these problems. I like a user changeable battery - especially because I work in a remote place with no chance of service, but I believe the source of my problems come from the battery compartment design.

6. It would be nice if it didn't go into error mode once you hit 100 meters. You lose all your decompression data. Once you pass 99.9 meters. Even if it's just .1 meters over. That's one backup gone, and that's not good.

7. Don't lock me out when I do a dive in gauge mode!

8. The tissue loading bar graph is worthless to me. It's always saturated when I have tons of no deco time left. Eliminate it and replace it with an O2 exposure graph and an additional ascent rate graph!

9. Ascent rate graph!

10. Allow ability to show current time and/or max depth on main display. Especially if you don't use a transmitter - there's plenty of room.

Can I suggest no ATOM 3.0 - and just a firmware upgrade to the 2.0 :)

Having just purchased a Atom 2 my vote would be to upgrade the watch / computer via firmware only rather than releasing a new watch every year or two. That is, of course, understanding somethings may not be possible with this alone due to current design limitations, etc.

However - wanted to throw this out since people may be watching what they spend their money on due to the world market and energy prices. I know I for one do not plan on buying a new dive computer and/or watch every year or two.

Just something to keep aware of - your mileage may vary and I honestly do not know what your market objective is. But after a lot of research, options, my own diving needs, and price - the Atom won hands down and I'm pleased with it - mini review will be posted shortly.

A manual that's understandable.

If I had to read the manual before becoming certified, I wouldn't have become a diver, cause that manual is way way over my head and unbelievably complicated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom