Atomic Aquatic Regulators.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All good learnings... for #3, if you already have an Atomic reg set, you could consider carrying a backup reg, if possible/practical. I plan on that as I (hopefully) head out to some remote places next year.
Stahlsac Molokini includes AA ST1, AAB2 (w/ Octo), and 2x Shearwater Perdixes as a carry-on bag, or one personal item. Stows under the seat in front of you.

OMMOHY

Ok... ever since seeing some custom titanium jam nuts, I want a set. Short of finding somebody around here with a lathe, I came across these:

They're a touch longer than the regular jam nut, but it's easy to make things shorter than make from scratch....

Any thoughts or great ideas on making the dream a reality?

I came across this:

Is titanium compatible with stainless steel?
Titanium is considered a more noble metal than stainless steel in a saline environment [18] and therefore acts as the cathode while stainless steel is the anode. Therefore, titanium would be expected to accelerate the corrosion of stainless steel in a galvanic couple and not the opposite.

I came across this:

Is titanium compatible with stainless steel?
Titanium is considered a more noble metal than stainless steel in a saline environment [18] and therefore acts as the cathode while stainless steel is the anode. Therefore, titanium would be expected to accelerate the corrosion of stainless steel in a galvanic couple and not the opposite.
Kind of a moot point unless you have a ST1.

The T25 will go down as an epic piece of dive equipment. Should hold it's value forever. If you decide to dive with it, I am sure it will work as well as any reg on the market! Great American made dive equipment.

The T25 will go down as an epic piece of dive equipment. Should hold it's value forever. If you decide to dive with it, I am sure it will work as well as any reg on the market! Great American made dive equipment.
I can't share your enthusiasm.

It's different, that's for sure. I kind of like the way it looks. I don't however like it enough to pay over $2,000 more than my current regulator.

I am sure it works as well as any reg on the market. I'm certain it works as well as any other Atomic regulator. Not any better, though.

I just don't see the need to spend that much on it. At my home, I have 3 Zeagle regulators. All made in the US. One made in the Zephyrhills Zeagle facility, the other two made in the Costa Mesa Atomic facility. The oldest is around 20 years old. Still works and breathes great.

I just don't see the need to spend that much on it.
The T25 will go down as an epic piece of dive equipment.
I agree with not seeing the need, and we see that come out whenever Atomic's top (e.g.: most expensive) regulators come up in discussions of what regulator to buy. It's my understanding Atomic Aquatics went for the high end market in terms of function, but also the prestige market.

It reminds me of a choice between a $100 mainstream digital watch that piggybacks on some 3rd party signal so as to always give the right time, durable and practical, vs. a Rolex. I'm a practical guy; the Rolex has perceived added value to some people in some situations.

But most scuba regulators aren't worn daily in settings where broadcasting social status or an elite bearing are likely a big deal. Many buying regulators are new enough to diving that they may not be well-informed, and what info. they have may come from people trying to sell them a regulator.

The T25 is iridescently pretty, a little lighter, and way more expensive for about the same performance compared to some mid-range options (like my old B2), from what I understand. It's called 'limited edition,' so I guess you get to feel extra special because there's a limit to how many other people can have one? Hopefully new divers running across this thread will get that and decide according to their own values.

It's an anodized T3. Nothing more, nothing less. I expect it to depreciate by the standard 50% on the used market.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom