Atomic Aquatics Sub Frame Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ekoast

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This thread is way overdue for me. I was in the market for a long time for a new mask. I spent a lot of time researching and trying on different masks. I finally decided on the Atomic Subframe mask for fit, comfort and it's very easy to clear.

As there are many mask threads and most everyone has their favorite, this thread is also to give credit to Atomic Aquatic's customer service. I had a problem with the skirt of the mask I received from the retailer. Since Atomic is closer to me than the retailer was, they said to just send it in.

I was sent a new mask within three days and they followed up with me to make sure all was ok. It saved me a ton of time in dealing with the retailer and it spoke volumes of their company.

Anyway, thank you to Atomic. Not only do they make a great product, but it's backed by great customer service. It falls under the "You get what you pay for" category.

I, too have the Atomic subframe. It is certainly a comfortable mask. The skirt is nice and flexible, easy to clean as well.

I have one of these masks, and really like it. But I think that there isn't the magic bullet on masks, either. They either fit, and you really like them, or they don't. Try LOTS of masks at your local dive shop, and buy the one that fits and feels the best.

But I do indeed like mine.....

I had the Atomic Frameless mask but it wasn't a good fit and leaked on me quite a bit. I found another mask that did fit well and I'm very happy with. The Atomic is a great mask but fit is most important and it didn't work for me. Glad you're stoked - Atomic service is always great.

I have one of these masks, and really like it. But I think that there isn't the magic bullet on masks, either. They either fit, and you really like them, or they don't. Try LOTS of masks at your local dive shop, and buy the one that fits and feels the best.

But I do indeed like mine.....

Same here.

Yep same, my favorite mask yet.

I like my Atomic Sub-Frame so much I bought a second one to use as a backup even though I already owned a serviceable AquaLung mask, which is now the backup to my backup.

In addition to being my dive buddy, my son is a long-distance runner; consequently he doesn't carry much body fat--unlike his Dad, ahem--so he has a very narrow face. He went through a lot of masks before settling on the medium size Atomic Frameless, which he says fits him perfectly.

I have a bunch of Atomic gear, including my regulator, safe second, fins, knife and snorkel. Their stuff is all very high quality, and the support staff at AA HQ in California is first-rate. I really appreciate that you can pick up the phone, give them a call and they'll immediately give you an answer.

I'm hoping someday they branch out into the wetsuit and BC product lines. I'd love to see what they come up with.

Last edited:
This mask changed my underwater life. It is amazing how much more enjoyable a dive is when I don't feel so claustrophobic. I have tried tons of masks, but haven't found many that fit my small face. I am glad that there is finally a frameless alternative for those of us with narrow faces.

It is by no means perfect. I do have a leak every now and again, but it is worth a minute or two of discomfort to be able to see during the majority of the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom