The Mask Dr. on Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepsea21

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have to give credit where credit is due. If you're on this island and something fails and need anything from a rare battery to some sort of strap or connection where do ya go? I've always gone to Blue Magic scuba that seems to have about everything that can repair/replace whatever failed. So, my wife who has a very small head (that compliments my very oversized head) had the silicon on her mask split after maybe 20? years of diving with it on day #1 of our 2 week dive trip in December. The DM with 3P's we were diving with (George) pulled a spare out of his bag and handed it to her to dive with (immediate problem solved) and said to keep it as long we need it. Thank you George! (As a side note George found more seahorses for us over our 2-week trip than we've ever seen on prior trips).

So her mask is trash and we need to find her a new one on Coz. We went to the well known and tried on probably 20 masks and narrowed it down to 1 that we were certain would be the one but we said we had a couple of other retailers to check out. One of those was Blue Magic just up the street. I figured this was a waste of time as there can't be much mask inventory there and I only go there for parts and such. The "Mask Dr." took one look at my wife's face size said "You have a very unique face" which is a kind way of saying your head and face is really small. He pulled out one mask for her (and he doesn't carry 100's of masks in all different colors and brand to please everyone). The frame color was a rose red that he had in stock and it turned her off but once she tilted her head back and laid it on her face a little inhale through the nose it set and sealed perfectly. So, while the color wasn't to her liking she was like "this is the one" after trying on so many others at the big place that had lots of colors and brands but they didn't have this one. She bought the Tusa Intega that the "Mask Dr." pulled out first and recommended. It was a color she didn't like but after diving with it she's like this is awesome... perfect fit, never a drop of leakage, so need to purge anything, just perfect. The "Mask Dr." assured us that if that mask wasn't perfect for her we could return it for a full refund. That certainly isn't going to happen. :) Kudos to the little guys on the island who've been selling scuba gear for a long, long time.

I remember needing some weird battery years ago - someone said go to Blue Magic - I thought not a chance...... The girl pulled one out of the desk drawer......

Tusa has a rep down here on the mainland and sends someone to Cozumel almost weekly!!! She brought me a new mask when they came out!!!

Deleted

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom