Atomic Authorized service vs. good and inexpensive regulator service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi If you would like to have us service it in Huntington Beach, the cost for a 1st and 2nd stage is $146.90. This includes our service kits and labor. Our goal is to make it breath and perform like new.

Assuming the reg sent back for service is an M1, will it leave with the up-to-80% O2 rating of a new M1? Does the $146.90 service cost include re-sealing a sealed reg?

You beat me to it. I was going to ask the same question.

Ditto, mine is the T2X, but it would also need to be resealed...

I am going to go out to the deep end and say the cost includes packing the ambient chamber with christolube. AA buys that stuff in bulk by the gallons so their cost is way cheaper than what it costs us to get a 2oz or 4oz tube.

So much the better--I still wonder if the cleaning is sufficient to make an M1 80% O2 viable again regardless of what contaminants it may have encountered out in the wild. If it included sealing and cleaning sufficient for AA to certify it for dedicated 80% use again, not only does $150 buy you certainity that the reg should work right, it's a screaming deal considering the usual cost of sealing and O2 cleaning by a shop.

When I service my regs the step from std. cleaning to O2 cleaning is a second ultra sonic bath. The first bath is for removing corrosion and mineral build up. The second bath is a degreaser. I can not imagine that AA does not follow the same process especially given they assemble the regs there as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom