Atomic B2 hose change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm in the process of changing my gear to the regulator necklace on the octo (22") and a 7' hose on the primary (Atomic b2). I ordered both hoses. The change on the octo went fine. After trying to install the 7' hose I realized that the B2 has that cool ball at the regulator that allows the reg to move around. I'm a big fan of that feature.
Is it possible to couple onto the original 30" hose and add a hose to make it 7'? Has anyone else run into this problem? Is a coupling just asking for trouble. I have to imagine that a 7' atomic hose (if it exists) would be pricey.

No coupling needed.
Atomic will make any hose length you want with the swivel (ball thing).
Go to your local dealer and they can order you one.
If you don't have a local dealer, call Scubatoys. They can get it made up for you.
They did one for me that mates with my Scubapro regs even.
This is Scuba gear, so what is the definition of "pricey"?

Once you put the 7' hose on you don't need the swivel any more as you will have more than enough flexibility. The only thing you will need is this spacer nut thing that lets you couple a regular hose onto the slightly longer post. Then you can use any 7ft hose. Trust me on this one, you really won't need the swivel and that is a pricey piece of kit. Also, I would think trying to couple two hoses together would lead to some problems if you route the hose as per GUE standard. I wouldn't want anything else on my long hose except smooth rubber hose.... anything else could/would be an entanglement hazard that would stop the smooth deployment of the hose in a donating-gas situation.

Bismark:
Once you put the 7' hose on you don't need the swivel any more as you will have more than enough flexibility. The only thing you will need is this spacer nut thing that lets you couple a regular hose onto the slightly longer post. Then you can use any 7ft hose. Trust me on this one, you really won't need the swivel and that is a pricey piece of kit. Also, I would think trying to couple two hoses together would lead to some problems if you route the hose as per GUE standard. I wouldn't want anything else on my long hose except smooth rubber hose.... anything else could/would be an entanglement hazard that would stop the smooth deployment of the hose in a donating-gas situation.
Agree.

To OP.. The hose I made up is for a "long" (40") hose routed under my right arm (not standard routing).
Long (5'-7') hose behind the neck and over right shoulder no need for a swivel for you nor when you donate.

Back
Top Bottom