Atomic B2 Hose change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm in the process of changing my gear to the regulator necklace on the octo (22") and a 7' hose on the primary (Atomic b2). I ordered both hoses. The change on the octo went fine. After trying to install the 7' hose I realized that the B2 has that cool ball at the regulator that allows the reg to move around. I'm a big fan of that feature.
Is it possible to couple onto the original 30" hose and add a hose to make it 7'? Has anyone else run into this problem? Is a coupling just asking for trouble. I have to imagine that a 7' atomic hose (if it exists) would be pricey

With a long hose you don't need a swivel. The reg will route nicely.

Try it for a 1/2 dozen dives, then decide :)

I agree that you should not need a swivel with a 7' hose. I have been diving one for a few years now. If you route the hose properly, it will lay nicely on your shoulder and allow you plenty of slack. Drop the swivel and just install the 7'. I am sure there is a way to couple hoses together, but this would be less than ideal. Besides, a swivel is just another failure point.

You can always just buy the swivel and mount it to the 7' hose. I'm not a fan of the swivel though. Just more stuff to give me problems.

I'm going to try the 7' hose I purchased and forget about the swivel for now. I haven't taken the reg apart yet. Is there a fitting I need or does the hose attach right onto it?

Answering your three questions without offering advice as to which option you should use;

1. You can buy a fitting to connect the second stage hose end to the first stage hose end and. By using a 48" Atomic LP hose and your existing 30" Atomic LP hose, you will have a 6' 6" LP hose.

2. You do not need a fitting to attach your new 7' hose to your existing Atomic second stage. Just remove your existing hose with swivel/fitting and screw on your new 7' hose.

3. You can retain your existing Atomic swivel/fitting by having a hydraulic hose fabicator cut off the existing fitting on your 7' hose, remove the SS clamp band on your existing Atomic hose and detach the swivel/fitting, reinstall your existing Atomic swivel/fitting with a new SS clamp on your 7' hose. Works and looks just like the origional Atomic hose and swivel/fitting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom