Atomic B2 Pressure rating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BKP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know many of the SB'ers (including myself) use the Atomic B2 reg... I have a yolk connector, which I believe is the case for most in the U.S. I'm not ready to trade it in for a DIN, since most local (quarries/Keys/Caribbean) sites still lean towards supplying yolk.

However, I'm looking at a HP steel 100. At 3442 psi, have any of you had issues with a yolk B2?

Atomic shows support for up to 4250 psi for their DIN equipped connectors, however, they don't mention ratings for their yolk (conspicuously omitted). Anyone know what it is (and can point to that in print)?

Used my B2/T1 on PST and Wothington 3442's with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

But I did convert it to DIN just recently.

the K

Darcy, thanks so much for the confirmation... I'll breath easier (no pun intended) buying the 3442 I'm planning on...

K, I'm also looking at the Worthington X7-100s (with the Thermo Pro valve -- I like the DIN/Yoke interchangeability). How did you manage the reg conversion, and can you convert back and forth?

Buy a DIN reg and a DIN-to-yoke adaptor.

Changing the first stage takes a qualified Atomic service person if you want to keep that warranty.

BKP:
I know many of the SB'ers (including myself) use the Atomic B2 reg... I have a yolk connector, which I believe is the case for most in the U.S. I'm not ready to trade it in for a DIN, since most local (quarries/Keys/Caribbean) sites still lean towards supplying yolk.

However, I'm looking at a HP steel 100. At 3442 psi, have any of you had issues with a yolk B2?

Atomic shows support for up to 4250 psi for their DIN equipped connectors, however, they don't mention ratings for their yolk (conspicuously omitted). Anyone know what it is (and can point to that in print)?

I have a XS Scuba HP 100 with the thermo pro value. It is a DIN with a insert for yoke connections. I use it with a B2. Zero problems.

Back
Top Bottom