Atomic B2 vs Scubapro Mk25/A700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h2oDawg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
If you have used both the Atomic B2 and ScubaPro MK25/A700 regulators I would like to read your opinion of both? What are the pros/cons? Thanks for your input.

I have used all 1st and 2nd stage combo. They are all as good as it gets for regulator. I will not comment on performance, but rather, on other logistic and "feel in hand" aspect

Between Scubapro and Atomic in general, I would say if you tent to travel aboard a lot, then SP maybe a better choice. For the a few dive destination I have been to, I recall see SP support more often than Atomic. So I guess if anything happen while you are aboard, you are more likely to get SP repair then Atomic.

Overall I do think Atomic has better craftsmanship. They feel better fit together. Atomic is also lighter in 2nd stage, but heavier in 1st stage. Atomic 1st stage sticks out just a little less than MK25, if 1st stage hitting head if your issue, you may find Atomic just a little better.

For single tank setup, I like Mk25 side ports better. The wider spreaded ports come out at about 180 degree. Atomic's wider spreaded ports come out at 120-150 degree. So MK25 is less lightly run hose into your wing/BC

For 2nd stage A700 vs B2. I do think A700 has more moisture in the air supply due to more metal and being brass. B2 feels dryer. But the issue the metal casing is that unless you are very careful person, you can dent the metal, make it look beat up.

If I have do it over again, I will probably not pick the above combos. For SP, I will go with either MK25/G260. For Atomic, I will go with Z2

I was wondering how the Genesis Titanium Oz stacked up against those two regulators: ScubaPro Mk25/G260 or the Atomic titanium?
I use a SP MK25 with an AA T2 second and I am very happy with it.

Z2 is more of a comparison to the scubapro. Cheaper, no proprietary hose, brass etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added July 16th, 2015 at 10:47 AM ----------

To clarify, B2 has a proprietary hose. Scubapro and Z2 are both brass. B2 has titanium 2nd. Atomic is the only one that has the seat saver. Means regs don't detune just sitting in a box. Less parts on atomics. Look at an exploded diagram of a scubapro, it's o-ring central in the MK25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To clarify, B2 has a proprietary hose.

Sorta. AA second stages that come with the swivel hose need heat sinks or jam nuts to fit regular LP hoses correctly, but they take the same LP hoses as any normal reg. And even without the heat sink or jam nut, the worst that happens is a somewhat unsightly bit of exposed threads between the second stage and the end of the LP hose fitting where it attaches to the second stage.

Poseidons...now those :censored:ers have proprietary hoses.

Sorta. AA second stages that come with the swivel hose need heat sinks or jam nuts to fit regular LP hoses correctly, but they take the same LP hoses as any normal reg. And even without the heat sink or jam nut, the worst that happens is a somewhat unsightly bit of exposed threads between the second stage and the end of the LP hose fitting where it attaches to the second stage.

Poseidons...now those :censored:ers have proprietary hoses.

And the poorly executed Apeks Flight, AL did the same with a couple of models but obviously thought better of it as at a later date and went back to offering with "classic" hoses fittings although I think at least one of their Octos may still use a silly hose, I'm not sure. Personally I'd never buy a reg with a proprietary hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom