Atomic Reg noise- anyone encountered this before?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seconding this. Of course check the AFC. But note that the AFC designed to be fully open from 30 feet IIRC, so it should not be necessarily be changing at 70 ft.

But Atomic are picky about mouthpieces, and weird "should not be related problems" come from swapping them out. Freeflows (as in the reg always acting as if the AFC is always activated) happen with some mouthpieces, and not with others.

Especially confusing when there is no reason why things should be affected by a mouthpiece switch, but if you look through the Atomic manufacturers forum you will see there are things with mouthpieces.

Since mouthpiece changes can clearly affect flow, its just possible that once a certain air density is reached it feels a certain way.

Thanks guys- all advise regarding mouthpieces has been noted and I will change out before the next trip and try again. Pity, because I really like the way the Seacure sits securely in my mouth without gripping with the teeth!!

Thanks guys- all advise regarding mouthpieces has been noted and I will change out before the next trip and try again. Pity, because I really like the way the Seacure sits securely in my mouth without gripping with the teeth!!

I don't see why a SeaCure would work fine on my Atomic, and another posters, but not yours. However wont hurt to confirm I guess.

I have a fleet of B1s,and TiX second stages for rental, and it makes no sense why reg one free-flows with the B2 mouthpiece, and another does not. I happen to like the chunky two material mouthpiece more than the floppy single material one that is stock on the TiX, so I live with the fact that some freeflow with it, and others do not.

I'd still take it in for service. I have 3 Atomics, all with sea-cures and none make weird noises.

flots

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom