Atomics Regs for Cold water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic M1s, down to 75º F, no problem. Well, a little heat rash now and then, but you can't blame that on the regulator.:wink:

I hope you find this helpful. You can probably find the article if you search online for it. I would post a link but want to adhere to any copyright issues in my first post.
I think links are always okay from a copyright perspective; cut-and-pastes might be an issue.

Hi lowridersvt,

Do you have a part number for this heat sink you mentioned or know a place I could get it online?

Thanks

Hey R2k2 these are the guys i deal with for atomic stuff there probly the best shop around for all brands of regs give them a call and talk to matt he will know that your talking about. They are a in st cathrines ontario canada . Matt the manager of the shop has done dive to 400ft+ in cold water on his m1 with 2500 dives on them . he knows them very well

Dan's Dive Shop Index | Ontario Scuba Diving Stores | Ontario Scuba Diving Courses | Technical Diving Equipment and Courses|

I have dived my Z1 (with added environmental kit) in Lake Michigan down to 130 feet and 37 degree water, and never a freeflow or any other problem. It's a great reg.

The M1 is completely sealed (the inside is packed in crystolube). It's been flawless in 34 degree water, and in fact, I own two of them.

I've never had a freeflow with it, and wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I never needed it.

A side-benefit is that it has a 2 year service interval.

Terry

I second the M1 with the cold water kit. I dive in Quebec with it in 40F water...what a great reg! smooth in all conditions. never had an issue

Hey R2k2 these are the guys i deal with for atomic stuff there probly the best shop around for all brands of regs give them a call and talk to matt he will know that your talking about. They are a in st cathrines ontario canada . Matt the manager of the shop has done dive to 400ft+ in cold water on his m1 with 2500 dives on them . he knows them very well

Dan's Dive Shop Index | Ontario Scuba Diving Stores | Ontario Scuba Diving Courses | Technical Diving Equipment and Courses|

Matt is a great guy. Top notch service.
They also carry Halcyon gear which I really like!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom