Review ATorch TC07 dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Harry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Review of the ATorch TC07 dive light

We were in Waikiki Beach on Christmas eve, getting ready to fly to Palau on Christmas day. I was packing my gear when the switch to my Big Blue dive light fell apart, unrepairable. I had to get a new dive light! FAST!

Miraculously, a dive shop was open on Christmas day, right across the street from the hotel. They sold the ATorch line of dive lights. I had never heard of ATorch before, but I needed a new light. So I bought the narrow-beam TC07 for $185 as we left the hotel for the airport.

It's actually a great light. Here is my review:

The light feels very solid and well-made. It has some weight to it, which makes it feel very solid, but it's not too heavy. Just right.

The magnetic slide switch is very smooth, I like it a lot. The variable output runs from 50 to 1,000 lumens.

To prevent accidental activation, you can unscrew the head about 1/16th of turn and the light won't turn on.

I can't talk about longevity or durability, because I've used this light on three night dives to date. But so far I give this light a solid "thumbs-up." In another year or two I'll post another review to address the longevity and durability aspects of the light.

I filmed this video in the lobby of the Palau Hotel.

Palau Hotel lobby
Koror, Palau
321136688_698420221779666_8139293426756083361_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom