Attaching items to BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got some great advise on a thread that I started in "Basic Scuba Equip. Discussions"...look on page 2. It is about attaching items to BC.

Sorry, change that to General Scuba Equip. Discussions, page 2.

Thanks again for all of the info everyone.

It is true that I asked for advice on attaching items to a BC but posted a pic of a BP/W for reference.

The way my BC is, I think that setup for the light would work out because there seems to be enough space on the strap and it has a buckle to disengage it from the waist portion, allowing me to slide on a piece of tubing.

Seems like it's worth playing around with to see if it will work or not, worst case scenario I'm out a few bucks from buying the tube.

The more I read about Backplate/wing rigs the more I am drawn to going that route. One thing holding me back is I know little about them, setting them up, working out the trim, etc, etc. I know I could figure it out but I don't know if I should go down that path yet.

Anyhow, thanks for all the great advice and tips!

It is true that I asked for advice on attaching items to a BC but posted a pic of a BP/W for reference.

A BP/w is a BC.

The way my BC is, I think that setup for the light would work out because there seems to be enough space on the strap and it has a buckle to disengage it from the waist portion, allowing me to slide on a piece of tubing.

Seems like it's worth playing around with to see if it will work or not, worst case scenario I'm out a few bucks from buying the tube.

The more I read about Backplate/wing rigs the more I am drawn to going that route. One thing holding me back is I know little about them, setting them up, working out the trim, etc, etc. I know I could figure it out but I don't know if I should go down that path yet.

I understand the hesitancy, I had the same before I switched. I'd strongly encourage yo you call around and see if there are any technical dive shops in your area that will rent you a BP/w. You could also go down to the regional forum. You might find directions to some shops to ask or you might find someone who is willing to go diving with you and let you try theirs out.

Back
Top Bottom