Attachment test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was a tiny attachment: 3.4 kb jpg. I cannot download it so I made one of 3.79 - and it worked ok. I then tried one of 3.09 kb, no problem. We must have done it differently. Would you care to details step by step what you tried here...?

Attachments

• C&H (Custom) (2).jpg
    C&H (Custom) (2).jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 79
  • C&H (Custom) (2) (Custom).jpg
    C&H (Custom) (2) (Custom).jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 80
That was a tiny attachment: 3.4 kb jpg. I cannot download it so I made one of 3.79 - and it worked ok. I then tried one of 3.09 kb, no problem. We must have done it differently. Would you care to details step by step what you tried here...?

click on reply...

click 'Manage Attachments'

click browse and choose file of appropiate file extention (jpg, etc) of small size.

click upload

get error 'Upload of file failed.'

same error as before. (screen shot of before)
attachment_problem.jpg

Uh, nope - Manage Attachments does not deal with URLs. Perhaps I do not know what you are trying to accomplish, but Manage Attachments will attach files from your computer hard drive, limited to....

w6v8dy.jpg

So what do you want to accomplish exactly? You embed pics like you just did, or insert URLs and Email addies...?

Uh, nope - Manage Attachments does not deal with URLs. Perhaps I do not know what you are trying to accomplish, but Manage Attachments will attach files from your computer hard drive, limited to....

So what do you want to accomplish exactly? You embed pics like you just did, or insert URLs and Email addies...?

Don. It'll do URL's. look at the above IMG i posted.

right under "Upload file from your computer" [BROWSE] [UPLOAD]

is "Upload file from URL" [UPLOAD]

What am I trying to accomplish? trying to attach a file with manage attachments. I used to work long ago, but doesn't now.

However, it works using the same exact method on other boards such as DecoStop and Scubatoys forum.

Don. It'll do URL's. look at the above IMG i posted.
That's usually done by using the Insert Image button, adding the Url - and usually referred to as Embedded, not Attached.
right under "Upload file from your computer" [BROWSE] [UPLOAD]

is "Upload file from URL" [UPLOAD]
Sorry for being so blind before, but I have been looking at that box for so many years, zooming in on the Upload File from your Computer so many times that I simply overlooked the Upload From URL option. Sorry it took me so long but I am finally in agreement with you.
speechless-smiley-004.gif
I tried it and got the same thing.

As a work around, you can do it the way I described with the IMG button - as shown in the attached pic below.

Attachments

• insertimage.gif
    insertimage.gif
    149 bytes · Views: 84
tag use only works with images hosted on a site already. or you have to upload them.

it also only works with pics (jpeg, gif, etc).

It doesn't support XLS, DOC, PDF, etc like attachments do. so it's not the solution but just a partial workaround.

so for attachments, it's still broke.

I guess so. For XLS, DOC, PDF it seems you need to save to your computer then upload from there. Have you reported this...?

Back
Top Bottom