Attention NiteRider HID Light Owners!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBob92651

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was browsing the NiteRider website last week and noticed that they were offering an "upgrade" to current owners to swap out their 10W bulbs and old model ballasts for their new 14W bulbs and digital ballasts. I though, hmm, just in time for my trip to Indonesia! I only have two dives with the new lights, but so far I'm really happy with the upgrade. I drove down to San Diego (and, of course, got in 2 dives while down there) to get the upgrade done and Tom Carroll, the CEO, made sure my upgrade was done right there on the spot. I had spoke with Henry, the GM, on the phone the day before to make sure they would be able to upgrade the lights prior to my trip. The claim is the new lights are 75% stronger (a jump from ~500 lumens ea. to almost 1000 lumens). After two dives, I definately do notice a difference in the footage and pics I've was able to get. Anyway, just thought some of you out there might be interested. This was my first visit to NiteRider (bought the lights 5 years ago from Gates) and Tom and Henry proved to be great guys and provided awesome customer service (and I'm not getting paid to say any of this - I paid full price for the upgrades).

link - ///:::...NiteRider Dive Lights International...:::\\\

Bobby

Very interesting, and more so with your review! Thanks for posting this.

I got a flier from them since I bought a few goodies a couple years ago. Looks like they have some interesting new items.

I have a Nightrider light I bought pre-loved several years ago and I know that guy had it at least a few years. When I got it I could see someone had monkeyed around with the seal on the outside of the light. It still worked fine but it made me nervous not knowing how long the fix would hold. I contacted the company and asked to have it looked at and I would pay for the repair. I sent it out and got it back with in ten days. It looks like the completely replaced the bulb and put in a new lens and seal. No charge and again, I bought it used and offered to pay. Ths company is an outstanding company to deal with. I will taking advantage of this upgrade for sure. Can't beat it for the price.

Regard

Just wish they made a deal with an upgrade from Halogen to either HID or LED.

I even use their lights for mountain biking. I just got the tri-newt. Incredible light for the price. Great company. I called them before I bought the light for recommendations and they were very glad to spend as much time as I needed to come up with the right light for my application.

I even use their lights for mountain biking. I just got the tri-newt. Incredible light for the price. Great company. I called them before I bought the light for recommendations and they were very glad to spend as much time as I needed to come up with the right light for my application.

Yup - I bought a second hand NiteRider blowtorch for mountain biking. I used them before at the 24 Hours of Adrenalin during the night rides - nothing quite like flying down down the trail in the middle of the night!

Geez, you had to mention it. I am suiting up right now to go for an hour night ride. I am fortunate to live right next to the Hills in Riverside. It is amazing how much light these things put out. How does LED fair in underwater vs HID? Above water I prefer it for it's ,umens, color, runtime, and weight. My old HID MTB lights were donated to my brother when I bought the new LED version. I would not even consider going back above water.

Back
Top Bottom