ATX100 vs TX100 vx ATX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're quick you may be able to find a dive shop that still has a few of the black chrome ones left in stock.

I dive 2 myself and love them.

DONT BUY THE BLACK CHROME..

THE PAINT/PLASTIC TENDS TO CHIP OFF.

Went to an LDS yesterday to enquire, according to them APEKS did stop the black chrome first stage, but apparently they are making them again, not too sure. Will be calling the local distributor to check :)

Apeks is making the black ATX200 1st stages again, AFAIK. They had quality control issues with their first contractor, so until it was rectified, they were going with plain satin. From what I've heard, they've gone with a different contractor.

Thomas

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

" Most people I've come across prefer TX100, supposedly for better hose routing for diving with twins."

I have heard the opposite - some prefer the TX50's vs TX100's for better house routing.

FWIW,

There are 48 different permutations (at least) for routing the hoses on an Apeks:

1st stage can be mounted on the cylinder turret up or down
there are 2 HP holes =gauge under left/right arm
4 Lp holes (1 -1/2" and 3-3/8")
long hose/shorthose on main reg (my old T50D) is 3/8" hose connection so 1/2" is blanked off.

My assembly is as follows:-

reg turret up
air intergrated compuper/gauge in right hand 7/16" hole> under right arm to BCD velcro

2nd stage main reg on looong hose 3/8" port routed under right arm /across chest round back of neck and into mouth (this is the valve that is donated in case of buddy trouble)

dry suit feed next to 1st stage (looking down clockwise ) under right arm and plugged in on chest

BCD connector next clockwise over left shoulder and connected to inflator which is also a fully automatic breathable reg (buddy Autoair on a commando BCD)

when I first started diving with my integrated computer I also had a SPG connected to the other HP port as back up (under left arm to BCD velcro but now have removed it altogether.

3 litre pony bottle is strapped/clipped to right hand side of my main 15 litre cylinder with the reg (Sparton Kawasaki X2 as mentioned previously in the old regs pole) hanging round my neck on its original flat rubber stap with its popper conector.

With a bit of effort you should be able to route your gear into the best position to suit YOURSELF.

One last caviat(a warning to you non latin speakers) when you have been reconfiguring your gear use new O rings they only cost pennies/cents its not worth the risk of one blowing out on the first dive

Brian C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom