Aug 10 CSSP Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Wow, visibility sucked today. I fear this is the way it's going to be the rest of the summer. Good news is there were tons of divers out there at CSSP so the economy can't be all that bad. Lots of classes and it's the middle of the month! Troy, and I and 2 of our friends went out to try out my new double set up ( readjusted), and new N19 scooter. I love my new scoot but I do think I need another pound or so in the nose. My doubles were readjusted so I didn't feel like a turtle with a new shell. I just need to change my crotch strap out from a one inch to a two inch and things will be alright in the world. My devil horn beanie was a big hit and I got several comments from various divers. I bet visibility was 3 to 5 feet, murky cloudy all by the plane and more poular spots in the pond. Here is the big news though!!!! Drumroll please..... I saw the albino catfish. I have not seen that thing in like 4 years.
We tried out the Soulman's BBQ in Terrell today by HWY 80 before you hit I-20 when you are headed back to the mid-cities. it was very good but I thought a little on the pricey side. We will go back, but just be forewarned. Of course I have not been out dining in a while and I know prices are up due the cost of fuel these days.
Have a great day everyone!

What is your new doubles set up?

Agreed. Visibility pretty much sucked yesterday too.
Fortunately, very fortunately, compass operation is not dependent on visibility.

I saw that albino cat yesterday! I kind of freaked out! He kind a' scared me!

Debra you hit it....vis is going down hill for the summer. Myself....Frank....John and Thomas dove together yesterday...CSSP was crowded with classes and social events. We each got in a min. of 4 hours bt over 3 dips so it was nice,,,,saw the albino cat also--always a cool sighting. Now if we could all just get a good day of gentle rain!!!

What is your new doubles set up?

2 HP 100's with a 300 Bar Dive Rite Din Manifold. I am now also diving a Dive Rite Deluxe Harness, Stainless Steel Deep Outdoors backplate with a Deep Outdoors Dual Bladder. Troy tightened up my harness today and those doubles sat on my back like I had been diving them all my life. I had no trouble handling the weight, walking, getting out of the water and walking up the hill, etc. My weight training is really paying off. I think it's just going to take more practice though. I am definitely struggling at times holding the scooter, manuevering in doubles, staying horizontal, poor vis, buddy tracking, etc. all at one time comfortably. I told Troy it's kind of like working out, sometimes I have good days and some days I just struggle, but I just keep going. It will all come together with practice. :lotsalove:

I need to make a trip somewhere; CSSP will do, even with bad vis; thanks.

Thanks...nice set up, bet you can dive with that albino catfish a long time...and when you get comfortable with those five major tasks...lets add a few more!

I was there Friday, sucked then too, Robert came to visit for a few minutes, let us vent about the 2-3 foot viz- if yer lucky- he said algae is blooming and making everything lousy, said it shouldn't be but a few more weeks

Debra -- Congratulations! ! ! Sounds like you are well on your way and having a great time doing it ! I am kind of jealous. I think I will be taking the plunge into tech diving some time soon. You heard it here first.

TXScubaBear -- a few more weeks ? ? ? ?
With a little bit of a stretch here, that puts us into November winter diving. Are you ready for that?

November??? Heck we'll still be in "fall" by then....still warm enough...
(yeah, right)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom