Aug. 21, 2010 Whytecliff Park photos/report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent as usual. Makes you really think about that saying "The grass is always greener..."

I was there the same day, doing my first Open Water ocean dive. I know the seal you're talking about - it crashed into us when we were doing our safety stop. Literally crashed - went right through the middle of our group and hit our instructor's leg. Then he hung out with us for a minute.

We also saw a Dogfish Shark, and Giant Pacific Octopus - sleeping in a hollow log.
When we surfaced and started towards shore, our instructors says "Is that a f***ing swan?"

All in all, a good first dive!

When I lived in Vancouver, I used to think that all harbour seals were as friendly as the ones in Howe Sound. When I moved to the Island, I realised how rare seal interactions like that actually are. Over here, they're terrified of divers. Of course the sealions are a different story...

All you Vancouver divers that complain that all the good diving is somewhere else, you have no sympathy from me.
Shhh! We do it to keep the place from overcrowding.

The pie at the concession is also pretty good. Almost as good as the pie from Chilliwack Airport.

Wait... Chilliwack has an airport?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom