August 2021 Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are some very nice last minute plans.

What are the conditions like? Diving there starting the 20th

Conditions kind of averaging near normal for Cozumel. Could be better, could be a lot worse. Had more currents lately than you would probably expect this time of year. Evidently a lot of current on the shore dive at Tikila last week— I don’t go there very often but people teaching there made it sound fairly unusual. In general currents have been manageable—sometimes totally fine, sometimes stronger than you would prefer but not off the charts crazy.

Viz has kind of been OK. Some days good some days so so. Probably 80-100 feet on good days and 60-70 on the bad days.

My computer says water temp is 85 degrees. Other computers might show a degree or two different, but that is the right ballpark for Cozumel in August

Last time I was in water was Friday night. I have probably been diving every 2nd or 3rd day. All of this can change in a day (with exception of temperature) , so conditions could be awesome today for all I know. Once again, nothing wrong with the conditions over past couple of weeks, just not awesome by Cozumel standards on the days I dove.

Plane changes in Houston?

Looks like typical August weather: Very warm, scattered showers, nice.

So who are you diving with, where are you staying, and how long?

View attachment 676527

Staying in Playa de Carmen. Diving with Cenote Xperience Snorkling with the Whale Sharks on our last day (private tour).

Staying in Playa de Carmen. Diving with Cenote Xperience Snorkling with the Whale Sharks on our last day (private tour).
Oh, you're not visiting Cozumel. Ok.

Oh, you're not visiting Cozumel. Ok.

Well, diving off of Cozumel. Not staying on the island. Did not want to deal with the ferry.

Shawn & Shana. Dive with Martin. Fiesta Americana Aug 27 - Sept 5. Looking forward to getting back. Last dove Cozumel March 20, 2020.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom